OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Anyone get out in the whitecaps and swells this morning?

I went out the North Arm in the morning with a couple of guys who were down from the Okanagan and wanted to experience Ocean fishing. I think it scared them a bit. Not real nice coming out the mouth but managed to find calmer waters along West Van. No fish and only had a few hours to try but they enjoyed it and managed to take in the game as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
20.5 lb at quarry bay yesterday. Anchovie at 150" feet. Bait was insane. Nasty wind here today though so that's it for this weekend. It's a Nascar afternoon:)

Going to launch Tuesday at Rocky Point in Pt Moody/Coquitlam. Heard the launch is nice there not steep at all. Thinking about a 1/2 run to fishing from there? Going to drop a prawn trap in 28-11 area as well as some crab traps. Never did either so decent area? This will be my first outing this year and first outing for both crab and prawns. Prawns I read some earlier posts and look for cliffs and the drop in about a 100-200 ft of water sound right? Any secrets to crabs? Will post pics if I get anything

the boat launch is nice but pricey. last time there i believe it was 20 or 25 bucks. Depending where you are going might be better locations for you. If you are fishing out in the straight i might consider the kits park launch. i believe it is free and depending on where you live might be a better alternative. Also the parking sucks at rocky point during busy times.

i didnt realize they had easypark set up there. It would be easier to still park there free i would think as the area has free parking. I know at rocky point if you park the boat trailer away from the pay parking area you will get a ticket as they are looking for the boat slip on your dash not sure if its the same way in kits. someone might know more than me.

Its 20 bucks. Beauty launch. Could see it being a zoo on the weekends. We dropped the pots and loaded up. 41 in total.... 1 keeper!! Lots of pressure. Boys had a blast!image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 654
that is what its all about... thumbs up!!

I have used lions gate marina a couple times now to haul the Grady out, didn't realize how nice of a launch it is at any tide,
pricey at 30$ but lots of ample truck and trailer parking and real close to the fishing grounds,
cates is nice too 20$ to launch and park but a little farther run to the grounds. for the extra 10$ I'll be using Lions gate from now on just cause
its right beside my marina and convenient

It's all good fun every year lol I got messaged by people about all kinds of fish caught at Hump and Thrasher. It's coming soon, 2 more weeks should start seeing the odd one.

Back