Octopus

Osama Bin Hopper

I have some and I want to eat it tonight. Skinned and vaccum sealed about 2 weeks ago.

I have heard it needs to be tenderized and cooked properly, all I am finding online is for med style octopus which arent as tough as our giant pacifics I have been told...

Help! Anyone?!?

Gimee the gaff!!!

Jeff couple of ways to cook it..

1st way while its still partly frozen slice very thinly and i mean thin shave it. get a fry pan or wok heat up hot add a bit of olive oil throw in octopus and fresh ginger and garlic S&P then take off cook for about 30 seconds thats it you just want to heat it if you over cook it "rubber" add any sauce you like sweet chili thai etc.

Put over basmati rice.

2nd way is to basically simmer it cut into chunks and do cut diamond patterns on it soak for about an hour in a wine and lemon juice marinade not too much lemon as it will ceviche it LOL about 1/4 cup to 2 cups of wine should be ok.

Put in pot with some fish base grocery stores have them cook for about an 1/2 hour to and hour simmering to tenderize it then add some tomatoes,black olives, green pepers garlic, fresh ginger etc whatever you like experiment simmer it down almost to a stew the octo should be nice and tender cook longer if needed finish off with some fresh chopped basil at the very end.
Same top over basmati rice.

I have done both of these and ive enjoyed them let me know which one you do enjoy!!!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Back