O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Discussion in '2014 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by fishin_magician, Dec 25, 2013.

1. fishabout

fishabout New Member

Thanks for the advice so far! its good to have some new stuff to try this weekend! Oh and T&T is worryingly cheap for chicken... just over a buck for a full bait bag.. maybe thats why the crabs are staying clear.

2. Revenge

Revenge Well-Known Member

More traps is always good to. We put out six at a time (3 people)so it doesnt take long to limit out. Set them at different depths till you find the happy place.
    Super store has cheap chicken also ($2 a pac necks and backs)

3. Springling

Springling Member

I've been crabbing on the west van shore line with a few keepers hear and there but not many. Any suggestions as to where to drop them?

4. Revenge

Across the other side of the bay!

5. Pippen

Pippen Well-Known Member

SHHHHH!!!!! :p

6. Springling

Springling Member

Haha k thanks

7. Revenge

lol sorry its a big area and its not were "I" go so ???:D The crab we got were in around Barnet/Belcarra area . Ok i gave up my secret spot so dont tell any one :)

8. Pippen

Pippen Well-Known Member

Belcarra?

I am not going to say what has a definite effect.....but posting up crabbing/prawning spots on a forum where anyone with a computer can see is something I would do with caution. ;)

I know English Bay is no secret (nor is Belcarra)....but there are areas within those "general areas noted above" that certainly do seem to produce better than others. ;)

9. Peahead

Peahead Well-Known Member

Yes and just a reminder to members here that there may be only 60-90 of us showing on here at any one time on average but there are often 3 times as many guests reading as well ....which of those, many are non-members just taking info only.

10. Bait&Sea

Bait&Sea Active Member

Agreed, and I believe floats and boat traffic is definitely increasing in the local spots

11. fishin_magician

fishin_magician Well-Known Member

Most of the fish are caught in 90-120 feet of water.

8 oz, cut plug on a 8 foot leader, 45-55 pulls. stay within 10 feet of the bottom.

You can mooch winters out of there if you can crawl at 1-1.5 mph. ...the fish move...and that's the way it used to be done.

12. Revenge

Oh ok didnt think i was letting the cat out of the bag lol. Oh and Sunday we saw one other boat where we were and they had there trap stollen .... at least i think thats what they were trying to tell me :confused:

13. Springling

Springling Member

I wasn't expecting a specific spot from anyone. But thank you

14. fishabout

fishabout New Member

Hey Revenge, that may have been me? I found the trap in the end.... note to self, always use GPS.

15. Dogbreath

Dogbreath Well-Known Member

And weight-always weight your traps.

16. jig-55

jig-55 Member

What depth are the crabs and prawns around this time of year.

17. trophywife

trophywife Well-Known Member

prons --225-300.. crabs are 30' to 120'.. just gotta find em.

18. tincan

tincan Well-Known Member

19. Peahead

Peahead Well-Known Member

Thanks Tincan - I have sent in a request that I have permission to shoot this presentation using digital video and have audio mic on the presenter so hopefully they will allow.

20. capt hook

capt hook Well-Known Member

Does anyone really believe the dfo will pay attention to a scientist?
    hell , they dont even listen to the results and suggestion of the multi million dollar Cohen Commission.
    DFO and Harper and Norweigen dollars are only thing they listen to