O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Pippen, did you note that James E. Marker died 2 1/2 years ago ? Why so long for the "celebration of life" ? :)

Hahaha.....sh*t!!! Just noticed that under his picture!! Now I am upset with him as one of his biggest fans, nobody told me.

But for this purpose....the long "celebration of life" is because his Cheezies are REALLY frickin' good!!! :p

Nice work Shane!!

Interesting about the chovies...a couple weeks back medium sized herring was the only ticket for us including a 31. Thanks for the intel! Will report back as well.

Bradley....will give ya a wave! We'll be the big Grady conducting a "celebration of life" for this fine fellow. If you see orange things in the water you'll know why. ;)

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...great-man-who-had-an-impact-on-salmon-fishing
Pippen i hope you are bringing the hawkins as we are all out on the boat!

All right Pippen ......

Dare ya ... a Hawkins Cheezie in a teaser head ...... Post a pic when Successful !

Good luck this weekend

HT

Last day for this season out in the salt. Managed 2 nice springs at the tide change today. Doing the usual routine off the Cap.

Attachments

• 20141010_074654_resized_3.jpg
    20141010_074654_resized_3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 629
  • 20141010_081231_resized_3.jpg
    20141010_081231_resized_3.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 632
Last edited by a moderator:
All right Pippen ......

Dare ya ... a Hawkins Cheezie in a teaser head ...... Post a pic when Successful !

Good luck this weekend

HT

photo to evidence to follow. The bags I bought look to be more small anchovie size.....but will do.

sadly, will have to check the bait every 5 minutes.

Was out for 90 minutes. Nothing on Chovy. Saw a few Coho and one big spring landed while I was out there.
Then off to hockey.
Probably try again in the morning.

Heading out in the morning.. Installed a couple of Scotty Electric riggers on my Inflatable today! I look forward to fishing without killing my arms :)
Wave if you see a black and red 15ft inflatable at the cap!

Was out this morning with mix results.. Lost a really nice size spring just as I was trying to steer my boat... Consolation prize was a nice size flounder... Ha ha.. Hey.. At least I caught something... Good day since I hooked into something and I love fishing with electric downriggers :)

Was out this morning with mix results.. Lost a really nice size spring just as I was trying to steer my boat... Consolation prize was a nice size flounder... Ha ha.. Hey.. At least I caught something... Good day since I hooked I to something and I love fishing with electric downriggers :)

Saw you out there. We were in the whaler.
No luck for us. Pulled up a coupe of bait with missing tails.

Maybe it's my leader lengths? I'm at 24-28"

Im assuming your running hootchies ?? bait I run anything from 5 to 7 ft sometimes longer everyone has there set ups of confidence good luck…

Tight lines
Billydoo

That sucks! I left once the ebb tide started as I was finding it very difficult to steer and the bite seemed to have stop and I stopped marking fish.
I run 6' leaders with a 5 ball swivel on my anchovies - seems to work well...

For bait.....as in herring/anchovie.....that is really short.

Should be at the very least 4'. I run similar to what has been mentioned above.

Were you guys the threesome in the smaller whaler?

CAPILANO Rocket Science:

5 foot minimum. 6-6.5 feet preferred. Bead chain swivel required where it hooks to the Flasher. When the fish get very stale ( the super reluctant darkies) a 8' leader is better...or just use no flasher.

Fish the flasher 18' back off the wire. Fish in 75'-100' of water. SOG should be 1.7-2.3 mph. preferred direction of troll is into the flow...the flood tide is preferred so trolling west is the best troll.

Fish your deep rod right above the ball, and lower your downrigger until it hits the bottom while trolling. bring your downrigger ball up a half foot so every now and then the ball taps bottom... Troll straight...every now and then slow down to bounce then speed up again. 90' to 100'. Gretzky, Lemieux, and Mogilny are great trolls. ;)

Watch your results increase by 100%.

on a flood tide most pros are finding 0-3 bites if they are lucky for Chinooks. Yesterday a local pro Hit 0, while another hit 2. captain Highliner with Horseshoes where the sun don't shine found 3 boots.

Back