NOTE CHANGE: CALL IN MTG. NOW - AREA 19/20 SFAC Mtg. Mon, Mar. 16

Whole in the Water

Due to the public gathering restrictions related to the Covid 19 pandemic this important meeting is now a online conference call. Please attend if you can. Call information is below

Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2020 1:04 PM
To: Ryan Chamberland <ryanc.sfab@gmail.com>
Subject: MEETING NOTICE: CALL IN MEETING NOW - AREA 19/20 SFAC Meeting on Monday, March 16

Hi all, Due to the health concerns as you all likely know about, we are going to be doing our local SFAC meeting via a conference line provided by DFO. Start time is 7pm, Monday, March 16.

Please call in, select 1 for English, and then the ID# followed by the #.
Information below:
Call-in: 1-877-413-4782
ID#: 1830175

When you call in you will need to mute your line to eliminate the background noise. It will be challenging to moderate the call if people do not have their lines muted when they are not talking.

Agenda Items:
  • Fraser River Chinook
  • Big Bar Slide
  • SRKW
  • Halibut hybrid model
  • Prawns
  • Best Practices
Below is a link for an SRKW survey on impacts from measures:
Please fill out ASAP, no later than the 23rd of March.
http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/consultation/fm-gp/srkw-eprs/index-eng.html

Thank you, Ryan Chamberland
250-858-3611

Good Fishing Advisory Board conference call last night with only twelve people calling in.

Facts about what’s going on with our fishery, along with actions to defend our right to fish are important to share. There are too many rumours distracting fishers from the truth and the work that needs to be done.

The Fishing Advisory executive work hard keeping our fishery open, negotiating with DFO and strategizing politics. These volunteers spend countless hours fighting for all fishers and burning the candle at both ends.

Thanks to all who took the time to listen in.

Good Fishing Advisory Board conference call last night with only twelve people calling in.

Facts about what’s going on with our fishery, along with actions to defend our right to fish are important to share. There are too many rumours distracting fishers from the truth and the work that needs to be done.

The Fishing Advisory executive work hard keeping our fishery open, negotiating with DFO and strategizing politics. These volunteers spend countless hours fighting for all fishers and burning the candle at both ends.

Thanks to all who took the time to listen in.

Thanks Doug. I sat on the call also. Disappointing with so many not in attendance but with the COVID thing going on completely understand. We were lucky to have our meeting up here early...

Do you have a link of that escapement report your were referencing at meeting? You can PM me.

Thanks Doug. I sat on the call also. Disappointing with so many not in attendance but with the COVID thing going on completely understand. We were lucky to have our meeting up here early...

Do you have a link of that escapement report your were referencing at meeting? You can PM me.

Send an email to my web site and I will forward you the reports.

I was thinking of going to the meeting and kept checking the Facebook event for a change but it never did. Decided it was probably cancelled and glad I didn't waste my time driving out, but I would have called in if I knew.

Maybe next time there's a change to a meeting somebody can remember to update the Facebook event.

Back