Not quite the best design for a barge...

Not to worry, if they were Merc's you wouldn't be able to hear them...cause they won't run anyway...dead silent.

What only 8 - 250's (2000HP)? Looks like they coulda got at least four more on there.:p Maybe they were concerned for fuel consumption:confused:;). LOL
Who is it that said money can't buy everything???? (does BP have any left?)

Maybe they were concerned for fuel consumption:confused:;). LOL

Pretty sure BP could fill the tank?

If you look though..... the skegs are above the bottom of the boat.....At 100 ft you would shore it before the motors were clam diggin..... then you would have 2000 horse to pull ya back off.... While fuel efficient...I would say no.... but an efficient tool... I could see it for what they would be trying to accomplish

...I still wanna see that 100ft barge planing

Not sure if anyone notices but at the very end of the top video the 2nd engine from the left starts to steam. To me it looks like it stopped pumping...not surprised by the amount of silt in the water in the prop wash. If they are sucking crap into the pumps....that becomes 8 times the grief!!!!

Yeah. I would like to see the filters for the cooling after this trip. Wouldn't it have been a lot smarter to tow this sucker with a bunch of strong jet boats instead of this weird setup?

Back