Nootka Sound Resort follows in Moutcha Bay's Wake

Wonder what they are going to charge the customer per lb. ?
its gonna hurt if more lodges start buying into the program.:(

Someone who knows the area well and where to catch monster halibut should go up there and clean them out. Would be a nice smack in the face for them to see one of their rental boats pull up at the end of a day with 1000lbs of halibut. Since they'd be footing the bill that might change their minds about participating in this program in the future.

Holy crap 2600 @ $5lb = $13,000 to give away. Must be a pretty good profit margin in it to do that.

Looking at their 'halibut alert' it seems that one can catch all they want 'at their cost', so i would interpret that as meaning one would have to pay per pound.

It's just a matter of time before other lodges jump on, it's business for them, can't say I blame them given they are doing everything they can to stay afloat business wise, and yes, literally speaking. Short sighted, maybe, but if you are putting food on the table......

I don't like it though. I'll still use the guides that are fighting the good fight even if it means NOT taking home some meat. I just don't know if I have the energy to fight it.

It's just a matter of time before other lodges jump on, it's business for them, can't say I blame them given they are doing everything they can to stay afloat business wise, and yes, literally speaking. Short sighted, maybe, but if you are putting food on the table......

I don't like it though. I'll still use the guides that are fighting the good fight even if it means NOT taking home some meat. I just don't know if I have the energy to fight it.

You'll still be able to bring home halibut meat, just not as much but 30 - 40 lbs of fillets is lots for most people.

I like the way it's pitched "IMAGINE"!!!!

Imagine, catch what your license allows, and then if you wish, share in our 2,600 lbs at our cost.

I can just hear Robyn Leach pitching this.

Wrong

taken from Serengeti charters post on the other thread. There is a guy on there June 16th topic asking about it and they state THEY are paying. Not the client

If you think they will not pass the cost onto their clients you don't know how business works.
Each customer will share the cost of this program, it could be hidden in room charges or at the bar in the price of a drink. So you see everyone pays, that is if you stay there.

Since they are the first ones on board, I doubt thats what they were thinking.

I hope they like paying because by doing that they are insuring that they will always have to.

The Eastcoast fisheries all over again. The commies will have the rights to everything and no rights for the sportfisher.:(

"Retain all the halibut you catch if you wish in addition to the halibut per day possession, 6 per season granted by your 2013 BC fishing licence. All of our guide and rental boats come equipped with halibut quota converted to sport fishing, under an experimental program created by the department of Fisheries and Oceans. Nootka Marine Adventures has bought and prepaid 2,600 lbs of halibut for our guests to retain for this season. Imagine, catch what your license allows, and then if you wish, share in our 2,600 lbs at our "

How can a program like this exist! Promoting fishing over your limit, legally. Fishing outside the size restrictions, legally.
Short term gain for long term pain!

They will be recouping some of the money by making you use the processing facility ($1.25/pound) and hoping all your fish goes through them.

-Moutcha Bay Resort and Nootka Sound Resort are the only lodges in BC, with a government approved fish processing facility and it will be responsible for managing our share of this government program.

They will be recouping some of the money by making you use the processing facility ($1.25/pound) and hoping all your fish goes through them.

-Moutcha Bay Resort and Nootka Sound Resort are the only lodges in BC, with a government approved fish processing facility and it will be responsible for managing our share of this government program.

I say it again this is total BS and is the thin edge of the wedge to eventually turn our west coast fisheries into the sad mess they have on the east coast! I say we must resist this and fight as hard as we can against this flawed and dangerous experimental hailbut quota program! If this is allowed to succeed, then rest assured that DFO and the Harper govt. will spread it to other fisheries for the sole benefit of large, corporate interests.

There is NO excuse for selling out our right and access to our common property fisheries resources to corporations that will just sell to the highest bidder. These lodges should be ashamed of themselves and I will not recommend them to anyone and hope others boycott them as well! :mad:

Back