No room at the inn!!!

Ghostprof

Just purchased a new boat, a used 16' Double Eagle for me and my son to use. Went to put it in at OB Marina and ... joined a huge waiting list. Seem to be plenty of empty 20' slips there, and plenty more with boats showing tons of growth on the hulls (i.e., not used lately), but none available to rent. I guess we'll be trailering it at the boat ramp for the forseeable...

(The boat is sweet, though!)

Good news on the new ride GP hope you and the boy enjoy it.

Speaking of no room at the inn. My local marina is a 280 slip first class marina only catch is,, it’s a 10 year waiting list. There was plans for the city to double it in size and put in a huge waterfront conference center and facility but when the economy tanked in 2015 it got put on hold. Would be nice to see it put in in the coming years.

Good news on the new ride GP hope you and the boy enjoy it.

Speaking of no room at the inn. My local marina is a 280 slip first class marina only catch is,, it’s a 10 year waiting list. There was plans for the city to double it in size and put in a huge waterfront conference center and facility but when the economy tanked in 2015 it got put on hold. Would be nice to see it put in in the coming years.
Thanks for the congrats. It seems clear that there's demand. It's like with the boat launch at Cattle Point -- there must be enough demand and use to charge a minimal fee and use that to expand and enhance it. Even if they just charge people from outside OB who use it (use stickers like they do at the transfer station), it would pay for itself pretty fast.

if you want to come out to sooke I know lots of open spots out there

Head out to Spirit Bay (Beacher Bay). Spots available and the fishing is solid!

I had my name on the wait list at Oak Bay took about a 6 months and got a call. I already had a spot in Sidney so they moved on to the next guy. Moorage is not cheap and it makes you wonder who pays moorage and doesn't use there boat ?

Back