"No Drag" Flasher

T

Tanglefoot

Anyone tried this flasher? It's made by Delta Tackle, 8" in-line. It looks a bit like an arrow head with a wire shank from tip to base. The line clips to the tip and the hook leader to the base. I guess it just spins through the water without much side to side action. I'll try to get on the water at Browns Bay tomorrow and give it a try and let you know how it worked.

Tom

I am not too fond of that one.... but one to try is the new Kone zone flashers!! Those are neat and make a great dummy flasher because they drag/spin in a straight line like a drill bit .... give it a shot!

I tried the in-line I bought and unless the bait you are dragging has action, the flasher doesn't impart any, it just spins. It may work ok on an apex or j-plug.

Gone Fishin-Can you tell me a little more about the Kone zone flashers as opposed to the Delta ones? I'm thinking about getting a few of these no drag flashers as dummies for sockeye.
Thanks,
T2

They are shaped like a tear drop with rear 'wings' that are bent in opposite directions so it spins more inline, unlike a hotspot or the like.... i've seen them tied in tandem (one after another) for greater effect on the dummy flasher. And because they spin straight they won't swing up and grab your gear like a hotspot might! The colours are pretty cool too including UV!

Check out their site at http://konezone.com/flasher.html

Thanx goneFishin--I'm going to bulk up on the # of flashers I'm dragging for sockeye, it always works better.
T2

Back