nitnat river

Thanks fins, i thought there would be alot of tigers up with all this rain we have been having,I just wondering if the river was flooded/fishable? , and the strikes over?! I havent heard anything yet and I live in lake cowichan, good news! those roads are the pits

Thanks fins, i thought there would be alot of tigers up with all this rain we have been having,I just wondering if the river was flooded/fishable? , and the strikes over?! I havent heard anything yet and I live in lake cowichan, good news! those roads are the pits

quote:Originally posted by nitnat_junkie

Hey Junkie. Fished yesterday with not much success. A few
coho in bottom pool. Must have scared a young bear up the big tree above the rock on the cabin side without knowing. Made a few casts and then heard water running right behind my foot. The bear was up in a branch trying to **** on me. We laughed pretty hard. The river is up high but no rain in sight till weekend so should be okay.
Goodluck Redman

quote:Originally posted by nitnat_junkie

Hey Junkie. Fished yesterday with not much success. A few
coho in bottom pool. Must have scared a young bear up the big tree above the rock on the cabin side without knowing. Made a few casts and then heard water running right behind my foot. The bear was up in a branch trying to **** on me. We laughed pretty hard. The river is up high but no rain in sight till weekend so should be okay.
Goodluck Redman

bahaha, thats too funny, I dont know if id be laughing he was succesful, Was there lots of guys fishing that lower pool? last time i was there, sept 27, there had to be about 30 guys fishing that one pool, gongshow.
we hiked up from there and found about 2 other pools. I guess with this rain we have had since the closer there would be more holes to fish out of? and is the river wadeable? if thats a word... hahah :D just cause im bringing my wife up there

thanks mark,

bahaha, thats too funny, I dont know if id be laughing he was succesful, Was there lots of guys fishing that lower pool? last time i was there, sept 27, there had to be about 30 guys fishing that one pool, gongshow.
we hiked up from there and found about 2 other pools. I guess with this rain we have had since the closer there would be more holes to fish out of? and is the river wadeable? if thats a word... hahah :D just cause im bringing my wife up there

thanks mark,

anyone snap any photos of the river who has been up there lately, probly asking for 2 much, just trying to get a visual, heading up on oct 27, just dont wanna be dissapointed, its a hell of a drive

thanks

anyone snap any photos of the river who has been up there lately, probly asking for 2 much, just trying to get a visual, heading up on oct 27, just dont wanna be dissapointed, its a hell of a drive

thanks

I drifted the Nit on Oct 16. The height was nice for a drift, no bumping, but hardly any fish in the river. A few chum in the tailouts and riffles but not what I've come to expect from the Nit at this time of year. We did not touch or see any coho either.
Beats being at work of course!!

I found a gear bag while I was there. If you've lost one call me, describe the bag and it's contents and I'll get it back to you.
250-818-9683

I drifted the Nit on Oct 16. The height was nice for a drift, no bumping, but hardly any fish in the river. A few chum in the tailouts and riffles but not what I've come to expect from the Nit at this time of year. We did not touch or see any coho either.
Beats being at work of course!!

I found a gear bag while I was there. If you've lost one call me, describe the bag and it's contents and I'll get it back to you.
250-818-9683

Drifted from just above the bridge to the lake on the 17th. Lots of water, reasonable visibility, one coho on the fly, long distance release. Saw a handfull more coho and a couple thousand chum... WHERE ARE THE SALMON?!? Use to have a fabulous run of co-operative coho and hundreds of thousands of chum. Might bump over once more, but, it's starting to look like it's too late. Suspect the lone hookup was a wild northern. Is the Stamp the only island river receiving a decent return this year? What are they doing with our license dollars?

Drifted from just above the bridge to the lake on the 17th. Lots of water, reasonable visibility, one coho on the fly, long distance release. Saw a handfull more coho and a couple thousand chum... WHERE ARE THE SALMON?!? Use to have a fabulous run of co-operative coho and hundreds of thousands of chum. Might bump over once more, but, it's starting to look like it's too late. Suspect the lone hookup was a wild northern. Is the Stamp the only island river receiving a decent return this year? What are they doing with our license dollars?

Well thats promising I guess.... ;) But still real low numbers, there should be more fish now that we have been getting some rain? in the last couple weeks eh?

Well thats promising I guess.... ;) But still real low numbers, there should be more fish now that we have been getting some rain? in the last couple weeks eh?

Hatchery coho are usually there there the beginning of October...usually. Wild fish tend to be a little later. There's been and continues to be plenty'o water in the river...no belly scrapin' over the riffles this year! The run could be late, but I can't understand why.

Hatchery coho are usually there there the beginning of October...usually. Wild fish tend to be a little later. There's been and continues to be plenty'o water in the river...no belly scrapin' over the riffles this year! The run could be late, but I can't understand why.

Ya Biggest i think it is my. It is green or maybe blue it has the usual stuff like spinners,spoons,leader,weights and steely gear. O-ya and a couple cans of lucksters. You didn't drink the lucky did you??

Ya Biggest i think it is my. It is green or maybe blue it has the usual stuff like spinners,spoons,leader,weights and steely gear. O-ya and a couple cans of lucksters. You didn't drink the lucky did you??

Sorry there Fins, not close enough on the description although it looks like something I'd see in the Team Willie arsenal, you know, if your boat ever left Rob's driveway! No Lucky in the bag (surprising for a bag found at the Nit I know) and if there was you can bet I would have enjoyed them as a finders fee.
Seriously, anyone lose a bag at the Nitinat last week?
B.

Sorry there Fins, not close enough on the description although it looks like something I'd see in the Team Willie arsenal, you know, if your boat ever left Rob's driveway! No Lucky in the bag (surprising for a bag found at the Nit I know) and if there was you can bet I would have enjoyed them as a finders fee.
Seriously, anyone lose a bag at the Nitinat last week?
B.

Back