nitnat river

Ayup....As of a few days ago we were scratching for a few fish, Coho that is. Tons of tigers pouring over the bar daily and quite a few springs doing there thing in most tailouts. Herd it was a complete blow out Sunday and looked more like a giant chocolate milkshake rather than a river. Should be coming down and into shape in the next few, probably worth a boo!

any info on catching coho in the river would be apreciated.
do you just use wool and hook like the springs or what do you use ive heard of some sort of spinner?

Colorado #3 gold, Blue fox #3 gold....Coho fishing has been pretty slow for this time of year with most boats getting 2-4 on a drift if your lucky.:( Be ready for your vehicle to take a pounding as the Rd in from Cowichan is horrible due to lack of graders with the ongoing strike. Certainly not what we were expecting with the amount of Coho offshore this year:(

I'm no expert but Vibrax seem to popular - size well depends on your gear and water levels. You can drift a colorado blade under a float to

I'm no expert but Vibrax seem to popular - size well depends on your gear and water levels. You can drift a colorado blade under a float to

As for one little run, i don't think they even showed up. Hopefully there are more to come, but like last year it's looking grim...

As for one little run, i don't think they even showed up. Hopefully there are more to come, but like last year it's looking grim...

quote:Originally posted by Fins -n- Skins

Fished for 9 hrs tues with 3 others from first hole up. Not one
ho between us . Hope they don't scoot up with all the rain we are supose
to get. Great bear action to keep us amused
Redman

quote:Originally posted by Fins -n- Skins

Fished for 9 hrs tues with 3 others from first hole up. Not one
ho between us . Hope they don't scoot up with all the rain we are supose
to get. Great bear action to keep us amused
Redman

Hit a school with bags 10 or so days ago but not much since......not worth the bump in there anymore!What happened to this once great fishery?

Hit a school with bags 10 or so days ago but not much since......not worth the bump in there anymore!What happened to this once great fishery?

Yeah would be greatly apreciated if anyone has been up to nitnat recently could post some info, what the river conditions are like, and if there is lots of chum , planning on going up there this saturday oct 27 with the wife, thanks

nitnat_junkie [:p]

Yeah would be greatly apreciated if anyone has been up to nitnat recently could post some info, what the river conditions are like, and if there is lots of chum , planning on going up there this saturday oct 27 with the wife, thanks

nitnat_junkie [:p]

Anyone have a coho report? I would imagine the road will be better now that the strike is over. Junkie the river should be loaded with tigers...

Anyone have a coho report? I would imagine the road will be better now that the strike is over. Junkie the river should be loaded with tigers...

Back