Nitnat River access

Slabbedout

Anyone been to the fly fishing club cabin on the Nitnat River recently ?

I have plans to go fish the river in the next week or so but heard the road was rough and bridge over the little creek going in was not passable by vehicle. It’s probably been 5 years since I was last there and the road was rough then but you could still drive to the cabin.

I looked off the bridge on the main road towards Bamfield on Monday and saw no sign of fish that far up the River yet but any day now or with a little bit of rain they should be there

I have been out a couple times since the river opened and we had the rain a couple weeks back. A few fish below redrock but not the numbers usually present.

My last visit was a week ago today so maybe more fish have shown up since then.

Ok thanks guys, good to know

I had planned on camping for the night on the road near the cabin if I could drive there. Probably end up staying a kissenger instead.

I may just wait another week, hoping we get some rain in the next few days and this smoke dissipates.

I was out there last week/weekend. You can't access the cabin anymore as they have the road gated.

As far as fish the river is pretty stuffed but good luck finding a spot to fish. River needs water before the fish will be holding in the major runs so they're all sitting in the usual deep slow pools surrounded by 20 snaggers unless you're on the water at 6AM.

As soon as it rains a decent amount the river will be fishing great.

Back