Nicomekl river navigation

Flying Cloud

I ran aground on Nicomekl River after leaving Wards Marina. Anyone has advices on where the channel is? The first turn after leaving the dock is particularly shallow.

Last edited:
I ran aground on Nicomekl River after leaving Wards Marina. Anyone has advices on where the channel is? The first turn after leaving the dock is particularly shallow.
North side of the channel when leaving Wards, start to move over to the south side at the first private dock, run that till you see the marina and move to the centre. Does that make sense?

North side of the channel when leaving Wards, start to move over to the south side at the first private dock, run that till you see the marina and move to the centre. Does that make sense?
Thanks! When at the end of Ward's Marina, where do I aim to move to the outer shore? And what's the optimum distance to keep to the shore? It's around the first turn where I often have trouble.

Thanks! When at the end of Ward's Marina, where do I aim to move to the outer shore? And what's the optimum distance to keep to the shore? It's around the first turn where I often have trouble.
Yes keep to outside around the bend. 30' from the bank is good around the first bend. There is shelf that comes out from the bank across from the boats then drops off at the bend.
20190904_085656.png

Back