dickinson
propane
works
comes with vent and roof cap
8' hose and regulator
150.00 firm
in Coquitlam or can drop on the way to bam

Hey, where is bam?

I was thinking either propane or diesel heater for the Hourston, any thoughts? Any pictures? Thank you

I prefer diesel or kerosene over propane for a couple of reasons.

1. Explosive risk - Propane is heavier than air, so any leaks can collect in the hull. Diesel leaks aren' explosive.

2. Moisture from combustion - propane stoves produce lots of vapour. A vented appliance [eg. heater] won't have this issue.

3. One less tank on a diesel boat - my Wallas stove/heater runs off the main diesel tank, and uses ounces per hour.

Ya, that’s my thoughts as well. I will have to install a small diesel tank but no biggy on that. Thank you, I’m sure someone will scope this up pretty quick.

I prefer diesel or kerosene over propane for a couple of reasons.

1. Explosive risk - Propane is heavier than air, so any leaks can collect in the hull. Diesel leaks aren' explosive.

2. Moisture from combustion - propane stoves produce lots of vapour. A vented appliance [eg. heater] won't have this issue.

3. One less tank on a diesel boat - my Wallas stove/heater runs off the main diesel tank, and uses ounces per hour.

educative post,,, wrong on post #2.... it is air to air heat exchanged, the combustable air is brought in through the outer jacket on the vent, passes through the combustion chamber and the combustable gas passes through the inner tube on the vent to the out!!. the heat goes through an exchanger that blows the air across utilizing a 12v fan. this unit is thermostatic controlled and fan speed controlled. hope this helps..

butt out smarty pants!!

educative post,,, wrong on post #2.... it is air to air heat exchanged, the combustable air is brought in through the outer jacket on the vent, passes through the combustion chamber and the combustable gas passes through the inner tube on the vent to the out!!. the heat goes through an exchanger that blows the air across utilizing a 12v fan. this unit is thermostatic controlled and fan speed controlled. hope this helps..

butt out smarty pants!!
So, is what you are saying "A vented appliance [eg. heater] won't have this issue."?

Back