New Years Eve Party/Dance

profisher

I'm helping a buddy sell tickets to his New Years Eve Party/Dance being held at the Archie Browning Rec Centre (Curling Club Upper Lounge) His band the "Consenting Adults" will provide the live music. Doors open at 8 pm and the party goes until 1 am. Tickets available at Marty's Mountain Cycle, Len Fraser Barber and Esquimalt Music Centre. Country Grocer is providing light snacks and we will have a 50/50 draw to raise funds for the 2020 Sooke Chinook Sea Pen Project. If you spent any time in the local clubs in the 80's and 90's especially Harpo's you might remember his previous band the Rhythm Toads. Here is a link to the Consenting Adults playing at District Nightclub for the Swiftsure race event. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPMgniv1PZo poster.jpg

I'm also holding and selling 20 tickets. Some are spoken for by friends. We are promoting this by trying to get groups of friends to buy a table of 8 to 10 so everyone has their group oflose friends there to party with during the night.

Over 100 of the 170 tickets for sale have been grabbed so far. Its going to be a fun party! There will be light snacks provided but you can also bring your own food to this event.

Last edited:
They are playing at Bartholomew's Pub tonight. (Saturday) They start at 9pm.

Only 20 tickets left for this event. Thank you to Country Grocer for their generous donation of food that will be available through the evening. This will be a sold out soon. No tickets will be available at the door.

I almost forgot to update the results of the dance and 50/50 draw. The dance was a big hit and the room was full of boomers which was great for us aging folk..haha There were a few younger ones there and they were probably wondering why they were there...lol Everyone seemed to have a great time and the dance floor was full from the 1st song of the night until the last. Drinks there are fairly priced to at $5.50 for mixed drinks or beer. We ended up taking a lot of food home afterwards...at least half of what we had there. Meat and cheese trays and lots of buns. The 50/50 draw raised $273.00 for the winner and $263.00 for the Sooke net pen. (after paying for the $10 gaming license) At the end of the night even the security people we hired came over and thanked us for a good night and told us that if we did one this year to ask for them personally to work it. They were boomers too!!! lol I crawled into bed at 4;30 am as I always have a few drinks at my buddies place after a gig, as he doesn't drink when he plays. We are talking about doing 2 of these this year if we get the same deal for the room...Halloween and New Years.

Back