new to south okanagan. need fishing friends.

Jeremy

hey, my name is Jeremy. i just moved to Penticton from southern Ontario. im looking for some new friends who enjoy fishing and the outdoors. im no pro. would like to learn as much as possible with first hand experience. i have an urge to get out and fish some lakes in the area but do not have a drivers license because i have some gnarly eyesight lol. if anyone in the area has a boat or extra room in a vehicle when heading to a lake let me know and im more than willing to pay gas and bait.

Hi Jeremy welcome to the forum from another "newbie". I'm sure you'll get some replies so hang in there.
I too am from S Ontario - actually still here but planning our move to the Penticton/Salmon Arm area next spring. Really looking forward to the move.
bobby

if your ever kelowna way or peachland way im sure we could meet up for a fishing session in my boat

cheers

Nick

bobby where abouts in S. Ontario are you from? i myself am from st.thomas/london. let me know when you make it to the area and we can go catch some fish.

nick, i will have to take you up on that. do you have any free days in May? let me know gas and bait prices and ill gladly pay. i can come up with a ride to kelowna/peachland.

if anyone does any fly fishing and wants to give me some lessons when ya go out for a trip let me know and ill pay gas and some extra for teaching me some things.

Jeremy
Lagoon City, just south of Orillia. At one time many moons ago I rented a house in Denfield (North of London) when I worked on a construction site in the city. It was okay except for the heat in the summer and the snow in the winter............lol
My wife has less than a year to go and we are out of here - Salmon Arm/Penticton 2018
Keep ya posted. Good luck with this years fishing.

i was going to get a charter of Skaha lake but cannot seem to find anybody to come with... it would cost me $460 for a 4 hour trip... i mean it seems worth it but cant even find someone to go with..... if anyone wants to get out on the lake on May let me know and ill pay gas and bait and everything. ill even buy ya lunch.

Hi Jeremy, I live in Osoyoos, dont really fish here until they open Sockeye. Not the most challenging fishery but we will take it here in the desert! If and when Sockeye opens this August, message me if you can get down here for a few hrs, Id be happy to take you out, no need to pay for anything I'd be out anyways.

No need for a charter just go fish from shore. Vaseax has good action, the channel is closed now for spawners but when it opens go early morning or last light, drive up to Ripley and Madden, Sawmill (fly fishing C+R single barbless only), chute lake has a load of small fish, Agur lake is stocked with catchables yearly.

my only issue is i do not and can not get a drivers license so im pretty much stuck where i am. taking a cab anywhere further than north end of skaha is to much

Back