New to Okanagan Lake

No regrets

I’m looking forward to getting on the water this winter and hooking into some rainbows. Trouble is I’ve only fly fished the mountain lakes all my life so don’t know much about the gear and strategies used on big water. Any tips on rod, reels and tackle would be greatly appreciated.

I would hire a local guide a couple times. Maybe once for each lake, Ok, Kal and Wood.

Then you've got a jump start on how track down the trout and kokanee.

Conversely, there are few guys on the board here that might open up a seat for you, for gas and lunch and our launch fees.

I would hire a local guide a couple times. Maybe once for each lake, Ok, Kal and Wood.

Then you've got a jump start on how track down the trout and kokanee.

Conversely, there are few guys on the board here that might open up a seat for you, for gas and lunch and our launch fees.

Thx Damien, good advice.

Can also run Lyman or fishinator plugs up top 1 oz of weight 300' back on the surface this time of year, darker colors for dark days and bright for sunny days. The fish usually run in 80' to the surface this time of year.

Can also run Lyman or fishinator plugs up top 1 oz of weight 300' back on the surface this time of year, darker colors for dark days and bright for sunny days. The fish usually run in 80' to the surface this time of year.

Thx for the fishing tactics Kingblazer. I'm also looking for a fishing buddy that can tag along with me on my kingfisher.
Let me know if you or another member is interested. I've got the boat and moorage but lack the gear and experience.

Thx for the fishing tactics Kingblazer. I'm also looking for a fishing buddy that can tag along with me on my kingfisher.
Let me know if you or another member is interested. I've got the boat and moorage but lack the gear and experience.

id gladly join yah and show you the gear etc we all tend to use, also @BCROB can join as well :p lets get some lines tangled rob haha

Hey guys does ok or kal ice up or can you fish it through the winter? I wouldnt want to drag my boat up from the coast in winter road conditions but curious if it fishes all year round?

Hey guys does ok or kal ice up or can you fish it through the winter? I wouldnt want to drag my boat up from the coast in winter road conditions but curious if it fishes all year round?

never freezes up anymore except some of the launches do! we try to fish through the winter but def need a drop curtain atleast with a heater. Big bows come up to bucktails and plugs

I broke ice a couple times last year at a couple launches which is fairly typical but for the most part as KB says its fishable most of the winter....

Okanagan has been fishing pretty well. I’ve yet to
Be skunked this year on it. What king was saying has been working. Did well on a red macksquid at 47ft last time out. Till I hooked it on something and lost it out by the log booms.

Back