6 month update on owning a new Silver Streak

Update time, I've been out on the boat 3 times now, figuring things out.
No fish yet, unless you count dogfish....
Things I'm happy with; the boat overall, no buyers remorse. Glad I went with a hardtop, its been warm inside during these cooler fall days. Good visibility from inside. The upgraded seats are very comfy, pounded back from JR and no back pain after!
Things I'm not sure about; I definitely need a centre rod holder. I don't feel like drilling holes in the new boat yet, might mount 1 on the cutting board on the fish box. I wish there were cup holders at the back corners of the boat. I probably should have paid for the washdown pump.
Any internet prop experts want to offer advice on if I should look at a different prop?
With the Yamaha 115 and the aluminum 13 inch x 19 pitch prop, 450lbs of people, and 15 gallons gas it goes 25.6mph at 4000 rpm, 29.3mph at 4500 rpm, 32mph at 5000 rpm, and 34mph at 5500 rpm.
Anyways here's a couple more pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_5109.jpg
    IMG_5109.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20201121_144005_981.jpg
    IMG_20201121_144005_981.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 91
Nice! Congrats. You will love it. Yes SS are priced a bit higher than a lot of other aluminums, but they are very well built and local....worth it in my opinion. I bought my Challenger in March and have no regrets. I often wish I had a larger fuel tank, but I'm not sure it's worth packing all the extra weight.

You can always go to silver streak and they will add anything that you want added. I would go there and have them make any changes before taking it back to SG. Thinking mainly about the wash down. Adding some back railings would be a good idea.

I had the same list of add-ons for my deck accessories also. Cupholders are very important! Haha. Nobody likes poking holes in boats but it was pretty easy going I found. Cupholders at each corner near riggers, rod storage in center with gear bin, and 2 rodholder mounts 2/3 out from centerline to fish with. Washdown was more challenging but well worth it, fit mine on port side behind transom wall at back end of gunnel rail beside 2nd battery. All works great. Have fun with it gotta do it right the first time is all.

Attachments

• image000000 (1).jpg
    image000000 (1).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 90
Things I'm happy with; the boat overall, no buyers remorse. Glad I went with a hardtop, its been warm inside during these cooler fall days. Good visibility from inside. The upgraded seats are very comfy, pounded back from JR and no back pain after!
Things I'm not sure about; I definitely need a centre rod holder. I don't feel like drilling holes in the new boat yet, might mount 1 on the cutting board on the fish box. I wish there were cup holders at the back corners of the boat. I probably should have paid for the washdown pump.
Any internet prop experts want to offer advice on if I should look at a different prop?
With the Yamaha 115 and the aluminum 13 inch x 19 pitch prop, 450lbs of people, and 15 gallons gas it goes 25.6mph at 4000 rpm, 29.3mph at 4500 rpm, 32mph at 5000 rpm, and 34mph at 5500 rpm.
Mine came with a 17” Yamaha prop that took me to a little over 6000rpm. Went to a 17” stainless Turning Point prop after using their prop wizard program . RPM wasn’t high enough when the growth started on the hull so I emailed them. They did some calculations and said I should go to a 15”. Revs went up but fuel went down so I had the SS re pitched to 16” and had the hull anti fouled. About 40 mph trimmed at 5500. The 15” was aluminum and maybe SS would have got me the RPM I wanted due to less flexing. But I went for radar after coming home in the fog this year.. Good Luck

Scotty makes a stick on mount that I used for my Scotty cupholders. I wasn't 100% sure that I want my cupholders where they were so I went with a sticker. They hold solid in both a vertical and horizontal orientation. There are cheaper options but I liked the option to add/remove cupholders as necessary. I'd highly recommend that route.

Scotty makes a stick on mount that I used for my Scotty cupholders. I wasn't 100% sure that I want my cupholders where they were so I went with a sticker. They hold solid in both a vertical and horizontal orientation. There are cheaper options but I liked the option to add/remove cupholders as necessary. I'd highly recommend that route.
I just bought the Scotty cupholder yesterday!

Well it's been a little over 6 months since we bought the boat and we've been getting out as much as possible to enjoy it.
Since buying it we added a Tohatsu 8hp kicker, changed to 60 inch boom on the downriggers, added a full length Starboard cutting board on the fish box with a cup holder and Nauti Marine bait board.
We've got 50hrs on the Yamaha now.
Fished for winter springs a dozen times before Chinook were closed down. Been out Hali fishing 8 times. Our longest run has been from Sooke to Magdalena.
Glad we made the purchase before the Covid buying madness took over.

Attachments

• IMG_20210516_134251_442.jpg
    IMG_20210516_134251_442.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_20210516_134824_315.jpg
    IMG_20210516_134824_315.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 183
Well it's been a little over 6 months since we bought the boat and we've been getting out as much as possible to enjoy it.
Since buying it we added a Tohatsu 8hp kicker, changed to 60 inch boom on the downriggers, added a full length Starboard cutting board on the fish box with a cup holder and Nauti Marine bait board.
We've got 50hrs on the Yamaha now.
Fished for winter springs a dozen times before Chinook were closed down. Been out Hali fishing 8 times. Our longest run has been from Sooke to Magdalena.
Glad we made the purchase before the Covid buying madness took over.
Sharp looking vessel. You show a lot of pride in ownership as you should.

Back