6 month update on owning a new Silver Streak

The joy of the internet, everyone is an expert on everything. I realized before posting It's not everyone's cup of tea.
You roll the dice on everything in life. I'm comfortable with spending my money on this boat, which really is all that matters.
What surprises me more is that some guys get bent out of shape about it (not saying that's what you're doing). I think it's great that a simple thread about buying a boat turns into lot's of discussion on all kinds of aspects of the build. It's a PUBLIC FORUM after all.

Picked up the boat today and I am extremely pleased with it!
It's been a great experience dealing with Dan at SG throughout this process.
I wanted a bullet proof boat to fish year round on the Island and this is exactly what we received.
Hopefully the wind dies down and we can get it out this weekend.

Okay, that turned out pretty sweet. Enjoy the heck out of that thing.

Picked up the boat today and I am extremely pleased with it!
It's been a great experience dealing with Dan at SG throughout this process.
I wanted a bullet proof boat to fish year round on the Island and this is exactly what we received.
Hopefully the wind dies down and we can get it out this weekend.

View attachment 58118 View attachment 58119 View attachment 58120 View attachment 58121 View attachment 58122 View attachment 58123 View attachment 58124 View attachment 58125 View attachment 58126 View attachment 58127

Beauty! Tidy battery/switch/ACR setup and layout. Clean access to fuel filter. Very nice, they build beautiful boats.

yep. just as i remembered the last one i saw.
any plans to finish the front / add storage box at the drivers feet area ? or are you going to leave the front section open as is ? also planning to add a hard lid to the battery section ? and a self deploying anchor with electric windlass ?
also can you post a pic of the capacity plate ?

Awesome looking vessel Kinetic, your going to get years of service out of her.

What a beautiful boat. Don’t see a lot of SS boats down here in WA but when you see one at the docks it’s always impressive to see the quality of the fabrication, the welds, and the durability. That boat will easily last 30+ years.

The flag logo is pretty cool too.

congratulations, happy for you.

Great lines on that new ride. It will last you the rest of your days unless cracky the clown steals it.

What's with the jack further in on the frame of the trailer? Never seen that before. I've always ever seem out towards the tongue.

What's with the jack further in on the frame of the trailer? Never seen that before. I've always ever seem out towards the tongue.
Never seen either but seems to me that it's making a much shorter unsupported length on the trailer. Smart if it works just as well.

I needed to shorten the trailer up as much as possible for storage. That's why the swing tongue and jack further back.

Back