New Rod, possible sell if worth it 10’

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade / Wanted Forum' started by vangoalie, Sep 17, 2020.

1. vangoalie

vangoalie Member

I recieved a rod today from a friend that was custom built for him. Just curious if anyone knows anything about these rods and thoughts On them. I am looking for a new gps fish finder and if this is worth something significant I might consider selling. Any thoughts on value? It’s a Freds custom tackle 10’ Moocher with a movable reel seat. Brand new never used, I just added my reel to it to test it. Let me know everyone’s thoughts, thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  2. pacemaker

pacemaker Member

Hi, Where are you located, and how much do you want for it?? I might be interested in it if you are on Vancouver Island so I can do a visual

3. vangoalie

vangoalie Member

Not sure what it is worth, which translates to no idea. Unfortunately I am in new Westminster. Thanks

4. pacemaker

pacemaker Member

Ok, Thanks very much, but I will pass on it at this time. Continued good luck on your sale.. Appears to be a nice rod.

5. vangoalie

vangoalie Member

Thanks it does feel really nice!

6. Ripperoflips

Ripperoflips Active Member

It's a Hardy 10ft. tied at "Fred Custom Tackle", what it needs is a Hardy silex for the Vedder or a Hardy Longstone to mooch to mooch with. You might regret it if you sell it.

CRGreg likes this.
  7. vangoalie

vangoalie Member

Thanks, i just looked it up and it is. Now to decide keep it or sell it.

Cheers

8. SpringVelocity

SpringVelocity Well-Known Member

I would keep that...

9. Kildonan

Kildonan Well-Known Member

I have a similar 10’6” with floating reel seat I bought new from Fred in the 1980’s. It’s a beautiful rod, it was my go to steelhead outfit for years. I couple it with a hardy silex.

I’d expect that rod to be worth about 175-225 bucks. But that’s a guess

10. vangoalie

vangoalie Member

Thank guys I think for $350 would be fair from my research online or I would consider a trade for another 10' foot rod with cork grip and $200 otherwise I think it will stay with me. Would help me put money towards and new sounder/gps. Thanks for all your input

11. CRGreg

CRGreg Active Member

$350 would be crazy top end. Maybe new retail. Its a beautiful 10 foot Hardy. $150 to $200 would be market value used.

kingblazer84 likes this.
  12. vangoalie

vangoalie Member

I did some searches and seems like most people were asking in that price range used after I found out what I had. It is brand new and never used but I am thrilled to keep it.

Cheers