New Malibu

King_Cod

Thought I would post a couple of pics of my new fishing machine. Did my first run in Campbell River today and it handled great. All it needs is a name.

n575246132_3211047_8347652.jpg

n575246132_3211048_1133572.jpg

I like it, same boat as mine.:D

What power (make and hp) have you got on it?

For the size of boat they ride surprisingly well in fairly rough water.

Awsome boat! Looks just like mine. Took mine to 7 mile this morning in some slop and still felt comfortable out there with the 25 foot gradys.

quote:Originally posted by AlK

I like it, same boat as mine.:D

What power (make and hp) have you got on it?

For the size of boat they ride surprisingly well in fairly rough water.

It has a 115 Merc optimax for main power. I am in the market for a kicker at the moment. The pictures are of my first day out with the boat. The wife and I were Out in three foot chop on its first outing and I felt safe and sound.

Nice looking ride K_C. I've got the Malibu 182 (the cuddy version) and we've been out in some nasty weather and I have never felt unsafe in this boat. Gotta love the high sides! I've got the boat rigged with a Honda8 Powerthrust and it is a great trolling motor for the boat. Yamaha 8 would be perfect too.

Have fun out there!

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Awsome boat! Looks just like mine. Took mine to 7 mile this morning in some slop and still felt comfortable out there with the 25 foot gradys.

Did you catch anything Kelly? Where on the west coast were you?

Kin-Cod,
I also have a 115 Merc on my Tyee and a Yamaha 8hp HT for kicker.
I use a rod which connects the 2 motors so I can steer from the front - works really well.

Have fun catching fish.

quote:Originally posted by King_Cod

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Did you catch anything Kelly? Where on the west coast were you?

Plenty of springs inshore but not much offshore. Was trying for hali out there but slow going. I was in bamfield

quote:Originally posted by AlK

Kin-Cod,
I also have a 115 Merc on my Tyee and a Yamaha 8hp HT for kicker.
I use a rod which connects the 2 motors so I can steer from the front - works really well.

Have fun catching fish.

What is your top speed loaded/unloaded AlK? Is your 115 a Two stroke or four?

Stan

My Merc is a 2 stroke
Three people (500 lbs, 8hp Yam (100 lbs), 2 batteries, fishing gear (2 DR's, cannon balls (60 lbs), rods, etc), 150 liters gas, fairly flat water between 42-45 mph.

I do that very seldom - you can just about see the fuel needle drop at that speed. I normally run at between 24-27 mph which is the most economical speed for my boat. I am going by memory but I think that is in 3900 - 4000 rpm range.

Two people, full gear/fuel I cruise at 28mph and 4000rpm with my Honda 115. WOT I manage 40.2mph on a nice day. The right prop makes all the difference tho, I switch out between two depending upon the load and where I am fishing.

Back