New Little Tinny

I never measured but if we were to do it again we would have moved the centre console forward a little bit to give a little more space
In the back . Need to add a little more weight up front i think.
You could always get them to put a pod on this winter for you. That will take care of both of those issues. Just don't tell the wife...lol

You could always get them to put a pod on this winter for you. That will take care of both of those issues. Just don't tell the wife...lol
Haha yeah..Noo.. im thinking i can adjust the tilt stop maybe so it drives the bow in a little more making it a little less tipy side to side ..

Jeffy, Could I trouble you for the measurement t of the back of the centre console to the front of the transom well and the distance between the back of the seat and the front of the transom well?

We are thinking of ordering a 16' and your build has been very helpful.

Jeffy, Could I trouble you for the measurement t of the back of the centre console to the front of the transom well and the distance between the back of the seat and the front of the transom well?

We are thinking of ordering a 16' and your build has been very helpful.
78 3/4 inches from back of centre console, 34” from back of seat to front of transome well , we wanted the seat up front for the kid but didn’t realize the size of it until it was built , front seat is also full of the flotation foam , if we were to build it again we would have moved it forward a bit more to improve stability, going to add weight in the front to bow it down a bit , boat rides like a dream and planes quickly but i think a little more weight forward would improve the side to side stability. Hope that helps. We may consider ditching the centre console seat all together and replacing it with a single shockwave on a small platform .. , would encourage more weight forward and a better overall stability. Hope that helps .. JWC

Run it with a few different weight combinations/trims.
My little skiff changes trim drastically from solo to adding a 6 year old daughter!
Throw a cooler of ice up front and see how she goes.

As Gongshow says - Anchor and chain, downrigger balls, bottom fishing lead, cooler and ice, etc, etc, etc lots of weight to play around with, plus diff options of where your family/guests sit, in a small boat to help you dial it in. Location of fuel and batteries can also be played with in small boats and can make a difference.

Beautiful boat that should do it all for you and your family. Great purchase!!

Cheers!

Ukee

Run it with a few different weight combinations/trims.
My little skiff changes trim drastically from solo to adding a 6 year old daughter!
Throw a cooler of ice up front and see how she goes.

Agreed. my 16.5 CC was stern heavy so i stored a few extra cannon balls up front. Also, as far as stability, a set of Dol-fins ( sp?) or a similar brand will fix that right smartly. i wouldn’t eliminate the CC seat. valuable storage IMO
love your boat

Agreed. my 16.5 CC was stern heavy so i stored a few extra cannon balls up front. Also, as far as stability, a set of Dol-fins ( sp?) or a similar brand will fix that right smartly. i wouldn’t eliminate the CC seat. valuable storage IMO
love your boat
Yeah i havent even had the riggers on it yet, anchor and led up front should help a bit too , i do t even think it is stern heavy , just needs more weight up front , as for the centre console seat i do like it just a little miffed about the finishing of it , boat is going back to lifetimer where they will address the issues with seat bolster .. it is not how anyone would have expected it to be finished.

Not sure Why i keep posting upside down (Help) .. was trying to show the boat name on there .. boat is named after Alex’s Grampa Blaney (founder of Scott plastics ). Aswell as my brother Jon who we lost to a tragic fall in 2008. If we can get some half decent weekend days to go after some winters i will give er a go otherwise spring is right around the corner..

jwc.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure Why i keep posting upside down (Help) .. was trying to show the boat name on there .. boat is named after Alex’s Grampa Blaney (founder of Scott plastics ). Aswell as my brother Jon who we lost to a tragic fall in 2008. If we can get some half decent weekend days to go after some winters i will give er a go otherwise spring is right around the corner..

View attachment 49141
Great boat, Great name!

I`m sure the tight lines will come.

No Blood yet i have only fished it 3 hrs , been to busy being a new dad and working , finally have everything installed n working , figured out the cruise control on the 60hp , just need to put in the time now when i have some.
guess i should have shared these earlier, been a busy year.

Attachments

• 615363D2-CB3C-4223-B7F9-D305232DAF6D.jpeg
    615363D2-CB3C-4223-B7F9-D305232DAF6D.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 217
  • C1772228-4231-49C8-A7FD-50BEC4C187D7.jpeg
    C1772228-4231-49C8-A7FD-50BEC4C187D7.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 33535063-7731-4C3F-8439-2BD39A87B845.jpeg
    33535063-7731-4C3F-8439-2BD39A87B845.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 219
That looks pretty awesome to me. I hope you are having a bunch of fun with it.
Hey a question about your console--have you had any drips where the wires are going through for your radio etc? I'm just rigging my console and wondering how to keep water out. The boat is going to live outside, and rainwater eventually will find a way....
Also, I like the windshield and aluminum tubing attached to angle bar. That is a good idea. Less bending for me to figure out. I may have to try that.

That looks pretty awesome to me. I hope you are having a bunch of fun with it.
Hey a question about your console--have you had any drips where the wires are going through for your radio etc? I'm just rigging my console and wondering how to keep water out. The boat is going to live outside, and rainwater eventually will find a way....
Also, I like the windshield and aluminum tubing attached to angle bar. That is a good idea. Less bending for me to figure out. I may have to try that.
if you’re only talking a wire or two you can buy those clamshell enclosure thingys that are virtually waterproof. basically you drill the hole they the console or whatever and then the device wraps around the wire and pinches it tight so no water can travel thru.

if you’re only talking a wire or two you can buy those clamshell enclosure thingys that are virtually waterproof. basically you drill the hole they the console or whatever and then the device wraps around the wire and pinches it tight so no water can travel thru.
this is what i had installed for the vhf & sounder wires coming thru the console . available at most marine suppliers. there is a picture further back in the thread

Today the Blayney Jon left with the new owner , Just want to thank everyone who helped during the build with their valued input.. going boatless for while i concentrate on my Career and being a father. tight lines fella's

Sad, but a lot of us had to make this same decision at one point. When your kids are a little older and your career is cruising along well, you’ll get back in the game. I did as so did a lot of others.

Back