New Little Tinny

Should be a good little Tinny for sure . Can’t wait for it to be done so we can outfit it with power and all the goodies.
I have a very similar boat as you but older, 17’ Kellahan cc with a 115 Yamaha. We have no top on ours either. I barely ever use the boat but I’ve been caught in the rain a couple times and I think the ultimate would be an aluminum framed top with fabric over it to keep the weight down like the picture above. The other thing that would be nice is a real glass windshield with a single wiper mounted in the top Center of the window. Just something to think about if you ever decide to go that route.

View attachment 45320 Something like this I think would work perfect on the new Tinny and probably not add to much weight.

That’s what I was talking about. I think you’re right in the weight department and will make most days (rain and sun) more enjoyable. Probably one of the best upgrades you will make on the new unit. Aluminum frame will never need replacement, just new canvas every 10 years. Easy peasy.

Oly

Yup i bet the My buddy could whip one of those up no prob and my friend from Sea-Tops could canvas, not sure where i would put the vhf antenna if we went with the top.

Great build, love the rig. I just sold my 16 cope tiller and those small aluminums are hard to beat. Our best run was 164 nm in ours. Great for exploring the coast and not blowing the budget on fuel.

The 16 is a bit small for a T top and it will get in the way a bit fishing but it can be nice to get a bit of a break from weather. If it was a fishing boat I wouldn’t bother but if it was mixed use I would. My new boat has one but I’ll likely convert to a hard top enclosure with radar.

Been super busy but just received some pics of the boat , floatation is in ,all the rails, floor . Centre console , boat is pretty much done just the seat is being covered and should be ready for power by the end of the week . Getting pretty stoked , sorry for the timeline
Folks , way she goes sometimes , we are in the middle of a move also so power may have to wait a couple weeks while we wait to move to the new house. It gives us some time
For tinkering with battery n wiring and a few installs. We are hoping to have her wet before the rec opening july 15. F723D998-D5FF-42DA-81AE-C3E2BF78104F.jpeg .th0B1B21C7-F010-4177-B093-9981BB492C54.jpeg 835C0850-288C-4576-A365-12E506A9A4C9.jpeg2362FA42-E139-4B86-9D58-DCD19804E8FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Lifetimes of fun to be had on that baby. I downsized to a 14’ SilverStreak deep vee w/ a 30hp tiller but am super jealous of your beauty CC!! Can’t wait to see pics of blood on the deck in July!

Cheers!

Ukee

Lifetimes of fun to be had on that baby. I downsized to a 14’ SilverStreak deep vee w/ a 30hp tiller but am super jealous of your beauty CC!! Can’t wait to see pics of blood on the deck in July!

Cheers!

Ukee
It is crazy how sometimes less
Is more , lifetimer had 14’ centre console built up when we first went in to enquire . What an awesome looking rig that was too. At first we enquired about a 16’ centre console SilverStreak but they don’t really make them much anymore and they were way backed up with dealer builds. The ladies in the Office at Lifetimer were more then happy to take on the build and some ribbing ensued towards the owners of Silver Streak. (Friends of the owners of Lifetimer). I don’t think you can go wrong with either builder as they are both tops among the custom aluminum boat builders on the island . Over 4000 custom built Lifetimer boats Around the globe to date with many repeat customers.

Such a nice ride - keep the pics coming

That a wrap on the Lifetimer part of the build, we are going to enquire about a red snap on cushion for the front bench but we are picking it up tomorrow , The list of still to pick up and install is pretty lengthy.
Outboard
Binnacle with tach n speedo n harness (APM)
battery box battery n switch
Fuse panel n switch panel
Navigation LEDs
VHF & Antenna
HDS 9 T2i
2106 Scottys
Rod holders n such..
Net holder
Anything im missing ????E2C893EA-C68F-44D3-B162-BD4D2B7EB279.jpegD4A82488-6B91-4503-BF1E-09872474CC6B.jpeg781DEE62-11CE-46EC-9368-60FDF8BAB3B1.jpegC8879320-DB6E-432A-A208-42525B3B9072.jpeg3642C1F9-82E8-4FB2-AE0F-D0042770BFED.jpeg

Last edited:
Back