New Little Tinny

2F463EC5-C9E9-4EFB-BD3F-E2D49694661E.png
Sweet looking build Jeff, Solid! ....I've got a 16 cc also and it's so much fun to fish and prawn out of, best part is the gas, troll
all day on the main motor eats next to nothing.... go tilt steering if you can, world of difference.
So far it is coming with rotech steering from lifetimer. they had a 16’ cc , for sale but we wanted a seat up from for the kid when she is a bit older , they even had a 14’ center console that was incredible. Console should be like the one above but i think we are getting a binicle.

Last edited:
Definitely a nice rig. What’s the price tag on something like that . Thinking of getting something similar . Thanks
She’s on the high end of 16’ aluminium boats for sure , but you get what you pay for .. with all the railings , bigger console seat and the option for the aluminium floor it is right around 25 k taxes in ..

awesome rig! love my DE 185 but nothin beats a CC for ease of fishing. i also wonder about a aluminum bimini style top. i’m fair skinned and i burn under a light bulb. the deal breaker for me would be the space between the console and the gunnel. if the bimini structure took too much away i’d tap out.

Looks worth it. Did you consider a canopy? O
Haven’t looked at that yet , they do make a
Small canopy might be nice to have a little shade , time will tell but we don’t want to limit our carrying capacity to much either , the 60hp Merc is a little beefy at 260 lbs , it uses the same gear case as the 90hp but has better fuel economy and performance then the competitions 70 hp.

awesome rig! love my DE 185 but nothin beats a CC for ease of fishing. i also wonder about a aluminum bimini style top. i’m fair skinned and i burn under a light bulb. the deal breaker for me would be the space between the console and the gunnel. if the bimini structure took too much away i’d tap out.
Due to the size of the flotation pods on either side at the back and the larger 32” seat we lose some dancefloor so will have to see if it is worth it to add at a later date.

Due to the size of the flotation pods on either side at the back and the larger 32” seat we lose some dancefloor so will have to see if it is worth it to add at a later date.
You should be able to get them to make a canopy that is within the outside dims of the console. The front tubes just extend higher and back to support the canvas.

I would think like a T top that some of the Boston Whalers had (have). A hard top or even just an aluminum frame with a stretched canvas top. That would keep everything out of your way, be high enough and even provide a couple rod holders and a net holder on the side. Something to think about. I love spending other people’s money. It’s fun.

Oly

I would think like a T top that some of the Boston Whalers had (have). A hard top or even just an aluminum frame with a stretched canvas top. That would keep everything out of your way, be high enough and even provide a couple rod holders and a net holder on the side. Something to think about. I love spending other people’s money. It’s fun.

Oly
I like the idea of the stretched canvas top in an aluminum frame , just enough to keep the sun off of you. I like to troll long time, im going to look like a baked potato otherwise.

For those hot or rainy days i modified a bimini top to fit, for maximum shade full width of the boat and 6' long, looks
cheesy but i'm sure thankful for those no wind hot summer days or prawning in the rain for the extra sq' of rain cover

easy to fold down forward, and i put bars on the 45 forward so when i get a fish on i push the bimini forward so the rods not hitting it

may loose the back arch fight with a t top also, the rod will hit the roof, thought of putting one but buddy changed
my mind, decent days i remove it, different option....

For those hot or rainy days i modified a bimini top to fit, for maximum shade full width of the boat and 6' long, looks
cheesy but i'm sure thankful for those no wind hot summer days or prawning in the rain for the extra sq' of rain cover

easy to fold down forward, and i put bars on the 45 forward so when i get a fish on i push the bimini forward so the rods not hitting it

may loose the back arch fight with a t top also, the rod will hit the roof, thought of putting one but buddy changed
my mind, decent days i remove it, different option....
We are going to go with sunscreen and a ballcap for the season i think. Lots more goodies to install first , i like the idea of the shade tho, lots to consider.

Should be a good little Tinny for sure . Can’t wait for it to be done so we can outfit it with power and all the goodies.

Back