New Little Tinny

Discussion in 'Boats, Motors, Trailers and Towing Rigs Forum' started by jeffywestcoast, May 1, 2019.

1. ReelSlim

ReelSlim Crew Member

You could always get them to put a pod on this winter for you. That will take care of both of those issues. Just don't tell the wife...lol

2. jeffywestcoast

jeffywestcoast Well-Known Member

Haha yeah..Noo.. im thinking i can adjust the tilt stop maybe so it drives the bow in a little more making it a little less tipy side to side ..

ReelSlim likes this.
  3. Bill 310

Bill 310 New Member

Jeffy, Could I trouble you for the measurement t of the back of the centre console to the front of the transom well and the distance between the back of the seat and the front of the transom well?

We are thinking of ordering a 16' and your build has been very helpful.

4. jeffywestcoast

78 3/4 inches from back of centre console, 34” from back of seat to front of transome well , we wanted the seat up front for the kid but didn’t realize the size of it until it was built , front seat is also full of the flotation foam , if we were to build it again we would have moved it forward a bit more to improve stability, going to add weight in the front to bow it down a bit , boat rides like a dream and planes quickly but i think a little more weight forward would improve the side to side stability. Hope that helps. We may consider ditching the centre console seat all together and replacing it with a single shockwave on a small platform .. , would encourage more weight forward and a better overall stability. Hope that helps .. JWC

5. Gong Show

Gong Show Well-Known Member

Run it with a few different weight combinations/trims.
    My little skiff changes trim drastically from solo to adding a 6 year old daughter!
    Throw a cooler of ice up front and see how she goes.

6. UkeeDreamin

UkeeDreamin Well-Known Member

As Gongshow says - Anchor and chain, downrigger balls, bottom fishing lead, cooler and ice, etc, etc, etc lots of weight to play around with, plus diff options of where your family/guests sit, in a small boat to help you dial it in. Location of fuel and batteries can also be played with in small boats and can make a difference.

Beautiful boat that should do it all for you and your family. Great purchase!!

Cheers!

Ukee

jeffywestcoast likes this.
  7. RiverBoy

RiverBoy Well-Known Member

Agreed. my 16.5 CC was stern heavy so i stored a few extra cannon balls up front. Also, as far as stability, a set of Dol-fins ( sp?) or a similar brand will fix that right smartly. i wouldn’t eliminate the CC seat. valuable storage IMO
    love your boat

8. jeffywestcoast

Yeah i havent even had the riggers on it yet, anchor and led up front should help a bit too , i do t even think it is stern heavy , just needs more weight up front , as for the centre console seat i do like it just a little miffed about the finishing of it , boat is going back to lifetimer where they will address the issues with seat bolster .. it is not how anyone would have expected it to be finished.