New E-Tech 200 trading for 4 stroke...

EZZ70

Hey, is there anyone interested in a trade on an E-Tech. The outboard is a Evenrude etec 200hp with 65hrs on it bought new from Haruna marine in Vancouver. Still has at least 2 years warranty left on it.

I am looking for a 4 stroke of equal size, min 200, 225 or 250 max, with similar hours, I prefer Suzuki but Yamaha would be a second choice.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 4.58.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 4.58.54 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_6785.jpeg
    IMG_6785.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 114
Never owned a 450 SL or a Pinto, lol

edit:
I’m sure the pinto could do things the SL could not haha

Last edited:
why not trade in at a zuki dealer and pay difference robert?

good idea but trying to stay within what I potentially have available (deal is not finalized ) and without out of pocket money :)

Got a couple of things in the works, if everything lines up then I think I will jump on it, if not no biggy

Last edited:
Never owned a 450 SL or a Pinto, lol

edit:
I’m sure the pinto could do things the SL could not haha

Maybe not but you should do yourself a favour and own an E-Tec. What are you afraid of they are great engines. You don’t know your running a 2 stroke other than the fact they are lower maintenance engines. The amount you boat you may fill the injection tank twice a year, once in the spring and again mid summer. Lighter, start better, made better structurally than Sazuki’s I know that cause I have owned both. As far as them not a making them anymore so what. BRP will support them as long as parts last same as any engine we buy. Engines change so fast and so much this day and age that anything we buy is obsolete in 10 years anyways so what’s the difference. Nope if you have that engine in hand trust me, do yourself a favour and go with it.

I would dump the Etec, all the future holds is sky high replacement parts cost and crazy oil prices as the supply dwindles.

Again, doesn’t matter what you own it’s obsolete in a few years anyways. Especially this day and age when things are changing so fast. I just bought a 2020 200 merc stroker but not for a second do I think they are going to make parts for it in the next 10 or 15 years. That’s the age we live in.

Bedsides the way Robert goes through boats he won’t have it longer than 2 years anyways. I owned a 175 E Tec for 13 years did nothing to it in that time but change the leg oil each fall and did plugs in it once after 9 years just because, and that’s it in 13 years.

Why would you dump the E-Tec for any of those, that’s like trading a Mercedes 450 SL for a 1979 Ford Pinto.

Old 450SL's have a tendency for the nylon timing chain gears and guides disintegrating and taking out the valves and Pistons, fun ride though.
Pintos are famous for their occupants burning up in flames after rear end collisions..
Somthing always better, right Robert?

There's 15 years' worth of E-tec owners out there. Parts manufacturers have been supplying parts profitably and BRP has been selling them profitably all that time. I never had much trouble finding parts for old OMC motors from the 70s and 80s and those aren't being sold anymore either. BRP picked up the parts business when OMC folded, why wouldn't they continue now if it's profitable? If they wanted to wash their hands and walk away from the whole thing we would have seen a parts supply agreement announcement with a third party by now. But we haven't, because there's money to be made. I have no qualms about buying an E-tec, and in fact I recently did exactly that.

Last edited:
Back