need some opinions trailer stufd

adrian1991

Hello everyone I've sold my 17 hourston and have a deal on this 20 foot hourston thats podded
Problem is its south island and I live mid island
And well the tires are cracked in the tred on all 4 tires
Swap the tires and send it home easier then you can say

Option1, try and remove the wheel nuts, torch/electric impact hammer no access to power where the boats at.
Option 2,send it home slowly and pray
Option 3, send it to princess auto and bring enough tools down to pull the bearings and drum/studs with the tire still on
Option 4, rent/borrow a trailer and swap the boat over and replace it all when its in the driveway

Attachments

• IMG_4181.jpg
    IMG_4181.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 135
Option 2.5
Just giver.
Hold my beer and watch this.
What could go wrong?

Option 2.5
Just giver.
Hold my beer and watch this.
What could go wrong?

haha. just don’t look behind you or in the rear view mirrors. Like homer simpson sez “ if you cant see it, it’s not illegal.”

but seriously tho option 4

Set the whole thing on fire. Collect insurance.

Wheels, tires and drums are toast why not buy all new and replace them where it sits if the guy is ok with that’s? I know it’s a bit of money to drop but it needs it and it’s the easiest and safest way to bring it home. PA or a local auto supply will have kits available to swap them out.

What sort of shape is the rest of the trailer in ?
If not sound, it may not warrant an investment in new wheels and tires.
option 4 !

What sort of shape is the rest of the trailer in ?
If not sound, it may not warrant an investment in new wheels and tires.
option 4 !

Rest of the trailers in good shape he just left the tires on for the last how many years he only towed it 5 minutes around the block to the marina twice a year to dump the boat in the water

Hard parts gonna be getting those nuts off to change the tires...

Maybe bcaa coverage that covers rvs and trailers and try to tow it home, if you have an issue use the bcaa.

Ah, my highly maintained low milage 8 year old trailer needs constant attention to be safe. You can only imagine the condition of the bearings,/speedy sleeves/frame/rims/axles if the guy let the tires crack. If you don't know the trailer is 100% safe, rent one. Nothing worse than breaking down on the Island Highway with a boat behind you. It's a gut wrenching sinking feeling. I know..... Or worse yet its fails on you and you have an accident. Not worth it.

I have a 20foot flat deck car trailer but I think that would be a tad sketchy and idk how i would get it up on the thing

Put down the ramps, back the trailer on as far as far as it will go. Secure the back of the trailer to the flatdeck, at the front of the flatdeck. Lower the reach, raising the leg, move the trailer further back using a come along. This puts most of the weight on the front of the flatdeck. Secure the boat and trailer to the flatdeck with chains etc. Flag the reach if it is three feet beyond the lights. Move as much weight from the bow of the boat into the stern to put as much weight on the flatdeck reach.

Go to a tire shop, get new wheels and tires and hire their self-contained service truck to come out and do the swap for you.

Back