Need German speaking River Guide Skeena/Kitimat around Aug 20

chris73

Can someone point me in the right direction? I got 2 friends from Germany here in Aug and they want to river fish a few days in the Terrace/Kitimat area. They need some help to begin I am sure and it should be a Guide who can make himself understood in German. Anyone got a hint for me? Thanks!

Can someone point me in the right direction? I got 2 friends from Germany here in Aug and they want to river fish a few days in the Terrace/Kitimat area. They need some help to begin I am sure and it should be a Guide who can make himself understood in German. Anyone got a hint for me? Thanks!

If I wasn't in Ontario, I'd be game. I never knew German translating Fishing-Tour Guide was a possible profession. I am in the wrong field.

Unless they are from rural areas (like some of my fam over there) or are 40+ years old, they will probably have a working level of English. And be eager to learn more.

You could always learn some German? It's really close to English, shares many of the same words, most of the same letters/sounds, and if you know French, they share a lot of words too.

And for a fishing trip, you might need to learn like 50 words. Fishing is Angln -> basically angling. Water is Wasser.

Or download google Translate on your phone.

If I wasn't in Ontario, I'd be game. I never knew German translating Fishing-Tour Guide was a possible profession. I am in the wrong field.

Unless they are from rural areas (like some of my fam over there) or are 40+ years old, they will probably have a working level of English. And be eager to learn more.

You could always learn some German? It's really close to English, shares many of the same words, most of the same letters/sounds, and if you know French, they share a lot of words too.

And for a fishing trip, you might need to learn like 50 words. Fishing is Angln -> basically angling. Water is Wasser.

Or download google Translate on your phone.

Good thing you are in Ontario or you would be busted for illegal guiding. You need a license to guide in BC along with the rod days on the particular rivers.....

The people from the Skeena River Fishing Lodge will be looking after my friends. Nice folks up there! And yes, they are around 60 years and old school where they did not have much time for foreign languages. Thanks!

Back