Near Beer I wanna know!

Jencourt

well times are a changing and so am I . Sad, but even having 1 beer on the water to celebrate or drown sorrows ( depending on how fishing was LOL) at end of day is risky nowadays.

So I am looking for a satisfying option.

What is the best tasting non alcoholic Beer a guy can get readily??

well times are a changing and so am I . Sad, but even having 1 beer on the water to celebrate or drown sorrows ( depending on how fishing was LOL) at end of day is risky nowadays.

So I am looking for a satisfying option.

What is the best tasting non alcoholic Beer a guy can get readily??

O douls makes a darker amber beer, Heineken ain’t bad. Budweiser sucks. I’ve heard Driftwood Brewery is making a 2% beer. Times have changed for sure.

hmmm....good luck with that. time to drink carbonated water with the rest of them..lol they advertise and push for sales but I dont think its anywhere
"near " where they'd like profits to be.
but I could be wrong...low test ipa
anyone...?

Medications made the decision for me several years ago before there was no or low alcoholic beverages. Much improvement the past few years in the beer field. Best to keep buying a few different brands until ones right for you. I’ve found the more expensive fancy brands tend to taste more hopsy. Ditto on Odules but amber for me. One after fishing while washing the boat fills the bill. As for wine....haven’t found one I like yet.

I am one that also had to leave the drink alone, I was an all or nothing guy no such thing as one for me. I decided to quit about 9 year ago now and haven’t touched a drop since.

I tried the Budweiser Prohibition last year and I have to say I really enjoy it. As far as my memory can recall it’s pretty much the real thing. I’m glad I found it as I do enjoy a cold beer after a hot day in the yard or as you on the water. Also most of my friends still enjoy a drink and this allows me to be a sociable drinker with out the problems that come along with it.

I’ve also heard good things about the new Coors beer but have yet to try it.

Give the Budweiser a try I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. It’s popular enough that most of the popular restaurants are carrying it now as well.

Like Walleyes, I was also an all or nothing drinker so gave it up a little over a decade ago. Can’t handle too many sugary drinks like Coke/Pepsi so drink a lot of club soda but have found there are some good fake beers out there. I find the Euros do a lot better job than domestics, though O’Douls and the new Bud prohibition aren’t too bad. Most grocery stores carry cans of Grolsch. The regular is good in the winter and the lemon Radlee is great in the summer. Clausthaler, the alcohol free versions of Heineken and Becks are not too bad and are in many grocery stores. If you can find it my fave so far is a German fake beer called Erdinger, but not easy to find.

Funny, like a lot of guys who have to drink Lucky when fishing, when I head to Ukee I always head to the Co-op and grab a case of their Co-op brand dealcoholized beer, not great but, when cold as good as most fake beers.

Cheers!

Ukee

Did I miss a change in the laws? Curious how 1 beer (light beer for me) is now a risk. Not looking for a debate, just trying to understand if something has changed recently.

Did I miss a change in the laws? Curious how 1 beer (light beer for me) is now a risk. Not looking for a debate, just trying to understand if something has changed recently.

To my knowledge it has always been as follows.
Taken from internet:

“Alcohol may be consumed on board the pleasure craft if it meets all of the following conditions:

• The vessel has permanent sleeping facilities
  • The vessel has permanent cooking facilities
  • The vessel has a permanent toilet
  • The vessel is anchored or secured alongside a dock”
For more information visit requirements for Foreign Recreational Boaters In Canadian Waters

I am not a big drinker. Case of beer will last me weeks , a month sometimes more. I do enjoy a cold beer and often have one as described above in my original post. Only difference now is as I age I am more aware that my boat does not meet the requirements to have open alcohol. So I am looking for an alternative that will allow this but not be illegal.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I once drank two Budweiser Prohibition s before someone asked me when I started drinking non alc beer. I didnt notice the difference til then. But I’m not a real big beer drinker so what do I know.

I've tried them all, some are OK but O'Doules Amber is the only one I Buy

I think anyone can find a good hiding place on their boat for a beer or 2.
If it’s found, you don’t know how it got there. Must’ve been the boat’s previous owner.

But I totally agree it’s not cool to get shitfaced!

For whatever reason i have been checked and boarded on the water well over twenty times, by both RCMP and DFO, my boat is legit ; weird but anyways i’m now pretty paranoid.

Anyways the same laws on the road apply to the water and are transferable to the road. So if you’re over on the water, same punishment. Most people now have the common sense and decency to not drink and drive on the road, but there are others that think nothing of downing 15 beer while out fishing. ( i was one of them )
Many people make their living driving, or at least need to drive to work; it’s not worth it. My drink of choice is water with a splash of lemon juice now, while on the water.
Shipwreck IPA, Fat Tug IPA, while cleaning and flushing boat, motors and, hopefully fish..

One of the craft breweries in Vic is coming or has come out with a “ low alcohol” IPA. But i can’t stomach lite beer let alone de-alcoholized beer

Last edited:
Back