"Navionics +" vs. "Navionics + Regions"

islanderguy

I've been looking to update my 10 year old Navionics Platinum + (SD) card and looking into some of my options. I've been impressed by the detail on the SonarCharts on my iPhone App so now I want that detail on my Lowrance HDS Unit.

I'm looking into buying the "Navionics +" or the "Regions" card. Anyone know the difference between the two? Regions seems to be $30-$50 cheaper.

Thanks in advance

islanderguy, great question!

Both of the two cards will have the same great detail you will find in the app. They both have the 1ft contours and the same coverage. The price difference comes down to the areas they cover. The Navionics+ Regions, like it sounds, is based on region. For Canada/Alaska you would just need the Canada card. If you planned to also fish in the states you would need the West card or whatever region you were going to.

The standard Navionics+ is more expensive and covers all of the US and Canada. It is loaded with the basic Nautical chart detail and then you download the area that is important for you to get the full 1ft contours there. It is great for someone who lives right where one chart ends and another begins. For instance, if you planned to fish in Washington as well as BC you could just get one card instead of two. It really makes a big difference in the states, like the Dakotas which in the West but one state away from being in the North region.

Here is how the regions are broken up.

navionics-hotmaps-38.jpg

Great summary! If I wanted to see lake details on US lakes - say in Wisconsin, would that be on the N+ card too or is it just coastal?

another great question, calmsea.

The cool thing about the Navionics+ and Navionics+ Regions is that it includes both fresh and saltwater.

The Platinum cards, however, are different for fresh vs. salt. (Hotmaps Platinum is for lakes and Platinum+ is marine)

Back