navionics plus vs platinum

dmurph

Who’s running navionics platinum as opposed to navionics plus. I got the plus card but am wondering if I will get better detail with the platinum, how good is the sat overlay in the Alberni Inlet and around the sound. Do people find the sonar charts just to much. I haven’t upgraded the card so can’t adjust the details on sonar chart but can if I update card? Thanks this is for a carbon unit

Who’s running navionics platinum as opposed to navionics plus. I got the plus card but am wondering if I will get better detail with the platinum, how good is the sat overlay in the Alberni Inlet and around the sound. Do people find the sonar charts just to much. I haven’t upgraded the card so can’t adjust the details on sonar chart but can if I update card? Thanks this is for a carbon unit
sonar chart on nav plus are awesome,updates them often and you get more detail,you can also record on to the card and plug in your computer and download your recording on to you sd card,been running those for a few years now on both my plotters and love them,get pricy but 99$ a year to keep that priviledge but worth it.

sonar chart on nav plus are awesome,updates them often and you get more detail,you can also record on to the card and plug in your computer and download your recording on to you sd card,been running those for a few years now on both my plotters and love them,get pricy but 99$ a year to keep that priviledge but worth it.
Have you used the platinum? Just wondering if it’s much better to have sat overlay and 3D

Have you used the platinum? Just wondering if it’s much better to have sat overlay and 3D
no ,never tried the platinum,seen it on other chartplotter and it is pretty cool,the new platinum plus you can get updates too,but not to sure if you have to pay for updates or not,but it is pretty cool,almost video game looking lol,it gives you topo of the mountains around you,more of an expenside gadget then a fishing tool,but if you want to spend the money its more details,see I care about what is under the boat not above the boat lol

no ,never tried the platinum,seen it on other chartplotter and it is pretty cool,the new platinum plus you can get updates too,but not to sure if you have to pay for updates or not,but it is pretty cool,almost video game looking lol,it gives you topo of the mountains around you,more of an expenside gadget then a fishing tool,but if you want to spend the money its more details,see I care about what is under the boat not above the boat lol
oh and I forgot I think you can get sattellite image of the weather coming your way via satellite,the guy I went with did not go that far to set it up,but I am pretty sure you also have that option

oh and I forgot I think you can get sattellite image of the weather coming your way via satellite,the guy I went with did not go that far to set it up,but I am pretty sure you also have that option
and btw it was out of port albernie going back in forth the inlet to barkley sound and offshore

For us to get the satellite overlay for weather (and sea surface temp) we had to add the sonic hub and sirus antenna for it (along with a monthly subscription). Ours is the HDS gen 3, antenna connected to sonic hub, sonic hub to the head unit.

I have both Navionics+ and Platinum because at some stage when renewing updates I was offered Platinum at a good price including a year's update subscription. Quite honestly I never use the satellite overlay and find the benefit of 3D feature marginal. In my case it cost me $50 more to upgrade than a year's update subscription on the Navionics+ and I now have two cards. My Navionics+ includes all of USA and Canada while the Platinum only covers Vancouver Island.

Dave - watch for a soon to be released Navionics Platinum update - SonarChart Shading embedded in the satellite overlay will show underwater topography.

The map detail as far as contours is the exact same. As others have mentioned, Platinum allows for sat overlay and the 3D view. Platinum is also the only way to get the new SonarChart shading feature Dave mentioned. It is now available with an updated card and compatible unit (like your Carbons).

SonarChart-Shading_Puget-Sound_1_full-1.png

SonarChart-Shading_Puget-Sound_1_trans-1.png

Back