Navionics on Lowrance Elite 7

ILHG

Crew Member
Question for you folks. I have a Lowrance Elite 7 with total scan. Even though it has the Navionics chip I am not seeing the sonar scan on my maps like I do on my tablet & phone? Is it possible to view the same detail on my sounder?

Last question. If I mark some locations on my phone, is it possible to transfer them to my sounder? This way if I don't have the detailed sonar view I can still mark the spots?

Thanks!

Question for you folks. I have a Lowrance Elite 7 with total scan. Even though it has the Navionics chip I am not seeing the sonar scan on my maps like I do on my tablet & phone? Is it possible to view the same detail on my sounder?

Last question. If I mark some locations on my phone, is it possible to transfer them to my sounder? This way if I don't have the detailed sonar view I can still mark the spots?

Thanks!

Having same issue on Hook7...which I believe is identical to the elite 7. Navionics on my phone has way better detail on contours. Mind you I’ve only been on lakes thus far. Wouldn’t mind sorting that out before my ocean fishing this summer...

How’s the new boat ILHG? The only problem with mine is I don’t get out nearly enough for my liking!!!

Having same issue on Hook7...which I believe is identical to the elite 7. Navionics on my phone has way better detail on contours. Mind you I’ve only been on lakes thus far. Wouldn’t mind sorting that out before my ocean fishing this summer...

How’s the new boat ILHG? The only problem with mine is I don’t get out nearly enough for my liking!!!

Boat is great! Just got her name out on yesterday. Named her "Rippin Lips".

I have just done lakes up till now. A week from tomorrow I will ha we it in Haida Gwaii for a couple of weeks and then will ha e a chance to try her out

I have a Hook7. I do have it set on sonar view for higher contour definition. Don't ask how I did it. I haven't got a clue but I'm not messing with it because I like that setting. As far as entering waypoints from your phone to your sounder, I haven't got that far yet. I just bought my Hook7 this year at the Harbour Chandler sale.
One thing I did do, which may help, is that I have Navionics downloaded on my PC. I did update my card on the PC by syncing it to my program, which is always set at Sonar view. You might try that. As far as the routes I had entered on my PC, they didn't transfer over to my SD card for my sounder

Doesn't it have an option to view a built-in map or your Navonics chip? Maybe your viewing the wrong one. Are you Gen 3?

There's a member on here that reps navonics. I think his name is Tyler and he could answer.

I'm using the navionics option it just sucks. I will see if YouTube offers anything

On the chart menu, select “VIEW” then select “Fish N Chip.” If you can’t select that option, your chart chip does not have that detail loaded.

Thanks man I will give it a try!

Is it an external chip or one loaded from the factory? My Simrad has basic maps which sucked until I bought the actual chip from Navionics.

It's the one from the factory, but I believe is still an external chip..?... Can I buy online and download?
When I get home from work I will check it out

On the chart menu, select “VIEW” then select “Fish N Chip.” If you can’t select that option, your chart chip does not have that detail loaded.
This, if you have SonarScan this is how you display it.

Which Navionics chip does it have? There are a couple different versions and some only cover lakes. It been a couple years since I had my Elite 7 CHIRP, but IIRC there are a couple options when you buy the units for which Navionics card you get with it. Mine had Navionics Gold (replaced with Navionics+ I believe), which gave me a one year subscription to download the sonar charts for the areas I wanted from their website -they were not pre-loaded.

I could transfer points, but it was manual process of importing/exporting via an excel CSV file. You might be able to do it easier on the newer units.

Ok, I’m going to hijack his thread a little bit... still navionics based though.
My tablet (Samsung tab E) doesn’t get nearly as detailed charts as my iphone navionics. Same cheap app. My phone has the ability to change “Sonarchart density” bit I can’t adjust the bar on my tablet. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Guaranteed you have an elite bundle card that does not have sonar charts. I believe if you are original purchaser there was an offer for a free upgrade to sonar charts but you will have to look into that.

Is it an external chip or one loaded from the factory? My Simrad has basic maps which sucked until I bought the actual chip from Navionics.

I think when it’s packaged (like mine was) it only works on the unit it came with apparently.

I don’t believe the Navionics+ that came with my Hook5 has sonar charts but I believe you can pay for the upgrade to be able to.

I have a Hook 7 with the Navionics+ chip as well. When I got mine I was able to go to the Navionics website and highlight the area I wanted in higher detail (sonar charts) and update the SD card with a SD card reader/writer on my PC. When it went back into the unit on the boat I was able to choose whether I wanted base lowrance maps, base navionics maps or sonar chart navionics. It was free at the time but not sure now as I haven't looked into it for a couple of years.

I have a Hook 7 with the Navionics+ chip as well. When I got mine I was able to go to the Navionics website and highlight the area I wanted in higher detail (sonar charts) and update the SD card with a SD card reader/writer on my PC. When it went back into the unit on the boat I was able to choose whether I wanted base lowrance maps, base navionics maps or sonar chart navionics. It was free at the time but not sure now as I haven't looked into it for a couple of years.

Good to know. I haven’t installed my sounder yet nor used it.

I think when it’s packaged (like mine was) it only works on the unit it came with apparently.

I don’t believe the Navionics+ that came with my Hook5 has sonar charts but I believe you can pay for the upgrade to be able to.
Nav+all are sonar chart capable, you need to download it from your computer, navionics chart installer, first year of purchase is free then if you want to keep logs and update it all the time like i do, you need to pay yearly like 100$ or so, i own a couple of them and love the fact that you can record log. And update them

Thanks guys! You are correct, I need to update my card. I have the option for sonar charts but the button is not highlighted as an available option. As luck would ha e it my home computer is NFG, so I will have to bring my card to the office on Monday.

Thanks for all the help folks! I got my navionics registered & also updated. Know I have everything on my charts. Infact with the community edits its extremely detailed, much more than my phone. Now I will be dialed in! (All I have to do now is get it to display the depth on a "chart only page". I just need to read the instructions)

Thanks for all the help folks! I got my navionics registered & also updated. Know I have everything on my charts. Infact with the community edits its extremely detailed, much more than my phone. Now I will be dialed in! (All I have to do now is get it to display the depth on a "chart only page". I just need to read the instructions)

Admittedly I haven't been out on the boat in the last two weeks to give this a go - but I did update my chip and all the registration rigmarole. Did you have to select anything in the View menu or did it just work as soon as you did the updates?

I'll be out this weekend on the lake and I'll mess around with it. Still 20 days until I bring the boat over to the Island for a few weeks.

Back