Navionics Ipad/Iphone Wifi Fishfinder....anyone tried?

If you look at the fixed mount one it only will work to 250ft and I wonder if it's 250ft freshwater,looks cool but and would work great with I ipad but might want a different model

I dig it. Navionics nav has been a good experience for me, and a great distraction at work (coffee breaks of course) memorizing structure, and searching upcoming slack tides i want to fish:)

I too am not worried about the depth only hitting 250', big screen, update and upgradeable, $150, i think it would be worth a try.

Is 400W too low?

Specifications

Usage: Permanent boat installation with 12 volt battery required
Transducer: High Speed skimmer style transducer
Max depth range: 240 feet
Sonar frequency: 200/83 Dual Beam 20/40
Power source: 12 Volt power soruce required (not supplied)
Power output: 400 watts peak-to-peak
Transmit speed: 100 Mbps
Screen controls: Touch screen controls
Smartphone not included
Comes with 12 volt plug and USB adapter to power tablet

If you are serious about seeing fish, get a Garmin CHIRP sounder. CHIRP is an acro for generic sounder technology. I bought mine from an on-line dealer who goes by semperfifishing. This guy is an ex-military sonar engineer. I was fishing last fall & had a chance to compare my Garmin to a $5K (US) Lowrance system. My Garmin showed at least twice the marks as the Lawrence with much cleaner detail. Garmin has an iPad app as well.

Honestly I wasn't so impressed with my dragonfly which used the Same downvision. The. Again? your spoons have only gotten me 1 pink so far, what am I doing wrong?

Sent from a PayPhone

Honestly I wasn't so impressed with my dragonfly which used the Same downvision. The. Again? your spoons have only gotten me 1 pink so far, what am I doing wrong?

Sent from a PayPhone

I was pretty sold by this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkPJgSA9uZg

What don't you like about the downvision? To me it looks better than the sonarphone but hard to say without using side by side. The pause and rewind function seems pretty cool.

That's too bad about the catch rate....what else is working for you?

Bait and coyotes. Some coho killers. The downvision doesn't show much of anything fish related. I've seen no schools before getting bites.

Sent from a PayPhone

My fish finder finds bottom and that is about it. I'd like to upgrade to something that can actually mark bait and fish. I absolutely love using my Ipad as a primary chart plotter and this seems like a good way to go. $150 seems like quite the deal.

http://www.sonarphone.mobi/blog/2014/08/19/navionics-now-offers-fish-finder-option-in-app

I have used the Vexilar SonarPhone and the App, it works really well. I use an iPad in a Lifeproof case, and RAM mount to hold it in place. The app has all the features and more than many sonars out on the market. Live mapping with SonarChart Live is awesome!

Well, I ended up going with the Raymarine Wifish. It took about 10 days to get here but not complaining about free shipping at all in for $234.

I installed it and got it set up reasonably quickly with iPad and iPhone. and then was able to test it out yesterday for a couple of hours. I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed. Keep in mind I am upgrading from a pretty horrible unit. It seemed to show quite detailed bait balls and what I thought were a couple salmon. One really cool feature is being able to zoom in super easy to just see a certain portion of the water column. You can pause and scroll back too. You can see this in the pics. I borrowed my wife's iPad too for the maiden voyage....apparently not to become a habit;).

What has maybe blown my mind more than the fish finding capability is the live chart mapping. It literally improves your charts with every pass of a spot. After 2 hours of being out it was showing ridges and underwater canyons in areas that navionics sonar maps, which are pretty great these days, show as a flat slope.

The screen shots speak for themselves IMHO.
e1d852fb7e343ba47e63537f3d898984.jpg
8350f09b7ff4a9684e095a105c94b69f.jpg
395ffc2eabb96d5e6b09ab56c867b675.jpg
34396895f87896bb141599c06ad4a7f2.jpg
cc9050cede5719c382646719a8d0f94e.jpg
e17df186d9fc53343711f57973ce0567.jpg
ef9a282bca8a78f23cbe075f7d4a81fa.jpg

Before
02bc415d99469ba31ebe990c261b2f1b.jpg

After
6e9fff7e7b79ae1821634bff0ab74446.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks awesome AP, Rockdog showed me a couple pics but they don't do justice on a phone. I have been playing with this idea for a few years. couple questions:
with the wifish does the ipad need to have cellular? Where did you order from?

cheers,
Darin

That one pic looks like a giant ball of yellow yarn lol talk about mixing up your trolling pattern in an area that ipad app and setup is sweet not gonna lie!

That one pic looks like a giant ball of yellow yarn lol talk about mixing up your trolling pattern in an area that ipad app and setup is sweet not gonna lie!

Ha, I thought I'd get razzed for the driving technique! It's actually not the way I normally fish that place, but there was no other boats and I was pretty into the sonar mapping...and the more random the passes the more detailed it gets.

GNB, my iPad does have cel coverage but my wife's does not and still seems to track perfectly fine. I ordered from Amazon through the DutyFreestore. 234cad free shipping.

Back