Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

Killer nite to there tonite. Lots of action kept the 2 biggest and took home a few hundred prawns

image.jpg=CONFIG]11492[/ATTACH]image.jpg

Nice company, a couple of fish, and some prawns..........what's not to like :).

Great report. Thanks for sharing.

ry6u7ugu.jpg
qu8ebezu.jpg

Took buddy and kids out today... Hot action 5-6pm. Lost a couple high teens but able to get em back later:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great reports!!!

Boat is done as of tonight. Getting out tomorrow afternoon and Sunday. Can't wait!!!.

Thanks for posting up the reports folks :).

mine were both marbled.. look pretty tasty though.. going to BBQ some tonight, gave the other one to some Albertans visiting so they could have a little fish in their diet.:p

Pretty sure they are Columbia river springs for the most part, cookie cutter 12-17 lbers, also never thought i would stray away from hotspot flashers but 90% of my fish came on a guide series chartruce/moonjelly

Just back from a four hour tour. 7 hits,landed 5 and kept 3 all around 10 lbs. The morning was nice, wind started picking up around 10 so we called it a day.

There is many Albertans that would appreciate a little fish in their diet and are waiting patiently to get out there....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a pretty good morning out there a 10 right of the bat, a 17 at slack tide, released a couple undersize + a 3 lb coho. Also lost 5, several of which would have been nice fish. 110-150 on Irish cream.

Interesting.. most salmon I have caught around here in the last couple years have been white or marbled..thnx for the heads-up

That's interesting I thought most of the springs you guys got up there were red... Boats ready in a week going to grab a few south island guys and fish the day up there...

Most are fall feeder white/marble springs from the cap,Seymour,stave,vedder,chehalis and Harrison.
Columbia fish are almost all reds except for some late stock Tules. The clipped reds are of puget sound stock.
Defenetly a few fraser fraser fish in the mix though....

Steelheader1, What is the migration route of these fish? Past Victoria or down Georgia Strait?
Lure-washer

lots of boats out there ssw 10 knots supposed to drop down to 5 knots...going to head out around 10 , look good enough for my POS boat :)

Ya I'm gonna head out around 2 for a evening fish. The wind is really suppose to drop off around 1

we were out from 1030-230 today and only managed one small spring about 5lbs that was released for another day. No other hits, was pretty slow for us out 1-2 miles off the fingers. We didnt see much happening, and asked around and definitely seemed slower than yesterday?

We were out off the fingers from 6am to 1pm, 3 to the boat, few more hits, 2 undersized released and 1 12lb kept, glow green spoons and a army truck hootchie hit, anywhere from 130-210. It was real snotty from 6am to about 10am, 10-15 knot winds, died right down by 1pm, unfortunately so did the fishing. Fishing was much better yesterday.

It definatley didnt die down. Maybe for a bit but from 1-4 it was snotty as hell. Went through a hail storm. Probably blowing 15-20. Released 2 then got tired of bouncing around.

Back