Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

Nice reports fellas :). Looked beauty out there. Had to get the yard done so I can play this week and the long weekend. I did get down to the boat ramp to check out the gong show lol :p.

This is what I found inside our 13 crazy big bait
emumynyp.jpg

And sculpin you were correct when saying the boat launch was a gong show it was a cluster at 4 hahah pretty comical though

I cant remember is it one boat in one boat out? Yesterday it was 3 in and one out if not 4. There were also a few boats..... sitting at the end of the ramp waiting for clients which didn't help either

Never understand why it cant be one side for boats coming in and the other side for outgoing.

I cant remember is it one boat in one boat out? Yesterday it was 3 in and one out if not 4. There were also a few boats..... sitting at the end of the ramp waiting for clients which didn't help either

Never understand why it cant be one side for boats coming in and the other side for outgoing.

I like this idea... I also think there should be a sign that says "have your boat loaded before launching." Cant count how many times people back down the ramp, THEN decide to load their crap from the truck to the boat.

We were at thrasher for about 3 hours on Sunday and nothing. No bait or marking any fish. But great day anyways. The school definitely moves around and i guess it was North for Sunday.

Left side coming out of the water, right side going out. That would be from land facing the ramp not out on the water. This is what I thought the ramp etiquette was, at least it used to be until I came to Nanaimo lol. Now everyone just seems to go on either side regardless of if theres boats waiting to come in or out. Now if its not busy and people aren't waiting then doesn't really matter but I always put in on the right as its a little easier to reverse.

On another note, was out for the first troll of the season tonight, only a few hours but nice to get out for a rip! No hits and didn't see anyone else with any action. Was out off the fingers in the 1000ft areas. Thanks for the reports guys. Hey J and Alberni how deep were you guys fishing?

Was out last night in 1000ft of water one popped the rigger. Marked quite a few fish nothing hitting. Got lots of prawns on one of my two sets. Back out at 6am finally first spring of the year. Couldn't find my scale to weigh it but it was actually pretty thick. White spring in 130feet on splatterback hootchie.photo.jpg

I was out today with the family for a couple hours. No salmon AND lost 2 prawn traps. Wasn't watching 'em so anything could have happened. If anyone saw 2 orange scottsman style floats really close together let me know.

Back