Nanaimo repower/refit

fugly

Hi:

I'm looking to repower. Currently have a 2006 225 Hp E-tec with 2006 I command gauges. Considering another Evinrude but I am also considering other brands.
I know that repowering with another Evinrude will likely cost me less to refit but would also like to get away from the mechanical controls and go digital. Also, it is likely that a repower, even with Evinrude, will need new gauges and the like.
For the guys who have gone the route, in addition to the cost of the new motor, what did it cost for the refit, gauges, removal/mounting etc? Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi:

I'm looking to repower. Currently have a 2006 225 Hp E-tec with 2006 I command gauges. Considering another Evinrude but I am also considering other brands.
I know that repowering with another Evinrude will likely cost me less to refit but would also like to get away from the mechanical controls and go digital. Also, it is likely that a repower, even with Evinrude, will need new gauges and the like.
For the guys who have gone the route, in addition to the cost of the new motor, what did it cost for the refit, gauges, removal/mounting etc? Any suggestions?
Thanks
What’s wrong with your current motor? Are you interested in selling it once off the boat?

MadJigga - It shut down on me when I was out a couple of days ago. Goes into the shop on Wed. May be up for sale for parts only :-( depending on what is wrong with it. Only 120 hrs. I bought it this spring with 75 hrs on it and it ran well until a few days ago.

StormTrooper - Appreciate your comment.

MadJigga - It shut down on me when I was out a couple of days ago. Goes into the shop on Wed. May be up for sale for parts only :-( depending on what is wrong with it. Only 120 hrs. I bought it this spring with 75 hrs on it and it ran well until a few days ago.

StormTrooper - Appreciate your comment.
K. Let me know. I may be interested. Hopefully you can fix it and keep running it!

DAM !!!!!! just 120hrs..., gon fishin with a 2008- computer+$1750+.
guess i'll stick with my old 1989 v4/ 110h.p..EVINRUDE. 1 impellar, 2 carb kits and still have 120-122 comp. idles down to 600rpm and pushes the 17ft. DE to 40+mph. Being retired since 2012, i could not afford repair bills like that.....
always have my canoe as a ''planB''.

DAM !!!!!! just 120hrs..., gon fishin with a 2008- computer+$1750+.
guess i'll stick with my old 1989 v4/ 110h.p..EVINRUDE. 1 impellar, 2 carb kits and still have 120-122 comp. idles down to 600rpm and pushes the 17ft. DE to 40+mph. Being retired since 2012, i could not afford repair bills like that.....
always have my canoe as a ''planB''.

You know all our vehicles are controlled by a computer to some degree. **** happens. Just hope it happens under warranty.:D

Hi:

Thanks

While I can’t speak to the gauges, I’d suggest giving your local dealer a call and find out.

I run a 2018 30hp etec and will never go back to a 4 stroke. Give this, you may want to test drive an equivalent 4 stroke before you switch off Evinrude especially if you need torque and like fuel efficiency. Also Evinrude is known to give out 10 year warranties especially in the spring around fishing show season.

You may even be able to repower with a 150 G2 Etec. Newer more powerful design.

Last edited:
Apparently a piston went through the cylinder. Will be listing it on the for sale forum for parts. Interesting that the quotes I am getting for gauges, throttle etc. are a good 1/3 higher than buying in the united states even after taking into account exchange, shipping and duty. I like supporting local but really, 1/3 higher???

Apparently a piston went through the cylinder. Will be listing it on the for sale forum for parts. Interesting that the quotes I am getting for gauges, throttle etc. are a good 1/3 higher than buying in the united states even after taking into account exchange, shipping and duty. I like supporting local but really, 1/3 higher???
Yeah but what about if you need a warranty claim?

I was referring to the gauges etc.
not the motor itself. I would never buy a new motor anywhere too far from where it could be serviced under warranty.

I pm’d you about the 225.

I take it you got this local quote from Parker Marine? Give South Island Marine a call in Sidney. They quoted me 500$ less for the same motor.

I honestly wouldn’t even consider the same brand motor if I had one blow a piston in under 200 hours. I’d lose all trust in the brand.

If you go the G2 route most sounders/chart plotter will display all your data. So you could probably keep your old gauges and just use chart plotter. Also wifi connection available for iPhone or iPad. I have a G2 and enjoy the power and fuel efficiency. The engine data is displayed on my lowerance plotters.

Back