Nanaimo Mid Island Christmas gathering at the Dinghy Dock Pub Dec.20th, 2014

Discussion in 'Important Meetings, Derbys and SFBC Get Togethers' started by Sculpin, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Sculpin

Sculpin Well-Known Member

I just pulled that date out of nowhere. That is the date. Anyone want to get together at the DDP in Nanaimo http://dinghydockpub.com/ for a quick one at Christmas time?

I will probably be out there prawning and crabbing anyways. With the Northern Christmas party and Vic one going on maybe us Mid Island folks should get together eh.

Sound like a plan?:)

2. Derby

Derby Crew Member

I would be in if the date is right? :)

3. Tidal Chaos

Tidal Chaos Active Member

I am in; I have one that night as well; so it will be a good start too the day!

4. Sculpin

This is kinda informal and casual for sure. Let's say around noon and just show up for a bs etc. I can probably pick up some people at the boat ramp if need be.

5. Tidal Chaos

Tidal Chaos Active Member

How about the fuel dock across the way; ;). I will be in need as the rig is covered for the next month or so as you know! Or I will pull your traps for a ride!:cool:

6. esmacg

esmacg Member

I'll be there for one or two cold ones.:)

7. sammyslabber

sammyslabber Active Member

...someone should start a SFBC party tour...perhaps our sponsors can pay for the bus...;)

8. jeffywestcoast

jeffywestcoast Well-Known Member

Id be interested as i love prawns,crab,& beer! Due to scheduling i am home almost all of December

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Sculpin

The date and time are correct. I will be out there trying to catch some bottom dwellers. I can pick up who ever needs a ride over there at the Petro Can gas dock in the Nanaimo Boat Basin. I will be there at 11:50 am sharp. I can give you a ride back as well. I can't see this thing being more than a few hours at the most. Just a quick get together and bs session over some cheers :).

I can take quite a few folks in my boat so PM me if your interested. I think it would be cool if others are out there in their rigs to join us or help out with transportation to and from :cool:.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
  10. jeffywestcoast

jeffywestcoast Well-Known Member

Lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. finaddict

finaddict Well-Known Member

If I am on the right side of the strait, I will be there as well, but not sure at this time.

12. esmacg

esmacg Member

Hey Fin, I'll probably be taken my boat and putting the crab traps down if you want to come along.

13. Derby

Derby Crew Member

should be able to join in on the fun.. :)

14. finaddict

finaddict Well-Known Member

That would be great EM. I will let you know if I will be on the cool side of the pool.

15. Sculpin

I just sent them an email warning them that a bunch of scurvy pirates will showing up for lunch on the 20th lol :).

16. Sculpin

They got back to me and the reservation is set.

Looking forward to hearing some tales and having a few laughs :D.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
  17. Sculpin

So who is all coming:)?

Let's get a roster going.

This who I know of so far...

Firelight - Saltspring Island
    Jeffywestcoast - Nanaimo
    chipstealer (aka Bart) - Nanaimo
    Tidal Chaos - Nanaimo
    Derby - Between Nanaimo and Parksville lol:D.
    Sculpin - Nanaimo
    Esmaq - Nanaimo
    Finadict (TBD?) - Port Moody

If you think you can make it please post up.
    I reserved a LARGE area capable of holding quite a few folks just in case.

It should be a nice get together and it would be nice to meet some more local folks. If your out on your rig that day pop on by and say hello:cool:. Like I posted, this is a very casual affair.

Cheers,
    John

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
  18. SpringVelocity

SpringVelocity Well-Known Member

If I can get over will try got kids Saturdays..... Owen's up island is looking slim now which sucks. Like to meet all of you since I fish mid island down and south.... Anybody has standby seat let me know....

19. vetteman

vetteman Active Member

I'll try to keep that day open. Could be fun.
    Dave

20. Derby

Derby Crew Member

hopefully they won't be serving any elk roast....;)