Nanaimo and area Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody been out lately,I was out last sat trolled around fingers neck pt. for abut 2.5hrs and nothin,marked a few fish in the brickyard and that was about it.Cheers mt

I was out again yesterday to no avail trolled the brickyard for about two hrs marked one group of fish around 160' and thats about it also had 4 prawn traps out received my limit in 1 pull the prawns are some of the biggest i've ever seen out there and i prawn quite a bit in this area also dropped crab trap at jack pt 1 keeper and lots of undersized ones all in all a good day only on the water for 3hrs.Anybody else report anything there was sure a lot of boats out?Cheers MT:D

had the kids out yesterday, ended up spending most of the day on newcastle but got out to the deep water off the fingers for an hour in the evening nothing to report salmon wise, had the crab traps down in db got a few keepers but lots of females. fun day for sure maybe get out there for a more serious fish tommorrow,

Going out tomorrow..........will give the details when i get back!!!

Its pretty funny to hear all the chat about how "HOT" Nanaimo fishing is right now. Its average at best with 75% of the boats out there getting skunked on a daily basis.

that boat launch is pretty busy alright, there are a few fish around, didn't fish for long yesterday and between tides in strong current hit two out at entrance nothing big 10lbs or so each. bonked one, and lost one that jumped 15-20 feet behind the boat and spat the hook in mid air it was pretty cool to see, a buddy of mine got a couple out at entrance yesterday in his boat on the afternoon low same sizes, so fishys around for sure, but not like last year. not too many hogs hittin the dock,

quote:Originally posted by ChromeSweetChrome

Its pretty funny to hear all the chat about how "HOT" Nanaimo fishing is right now. Its average at best with 75% of the boats out there getting skunked on a daily basis.

Not to say you are incorrect as day to day things change and some just happen to find a pocket of fish where others might not. Perhaps rt off gfingers isn't as good but here is a report I recieved for May 14th offshore of flat tops ( 7 keepers in the boat to 25 lbs, sounds pretty darn good for 7.5 hrs fishing)

Fished the 800 foot mark straight out from Sylva Bay from 10:30 until 2:00. Then 3:00 until 7:00. Caught a 8, 9, 10 and 22 in the morning. Caught a 10, 14, and 25 in the evening. All at 140 on Green/Glow Coyote

.....and yet another report on May 13th of a fellow fishing in closer fishing bottom landed 4 cinook and a hali ( 12, 13, 18, 18#, plus 27# hali) in a 4.5 hr fish !

Yesterday sounded good too.

Don't you just hate it when work keeps interfering with fishing!!!:(I was hoping to get the boat in the water and moored this weekend but it didn't even get close.

I'm going to moor the boat at Schooner for a while this summer and hope to meet some new faces from the forum and swap some tails...

Might even take you out for a while Rob, maybe. So no fishing till next weekend then:D

Not Even a Sniff today.........but a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!......it was good to get on the water before heading back to camp tomorrow!!!..was definetly alot of boats out there once the wind died a little bit and the afternoon bite was coming around!

Fire it up!

quote:Originally posted by Gronk

Don't you just hate it when work keeps interfering with fishing!!!:(I was hoping to get the boat in the water and moored this weekend but it didn't even get close.

I'm going to moor the boat at Schooner for a while this summer and hope to meet some new faces from the forum and swap some tails...

Might even take you out for a while Rob, maybe. So no fishing till next weekend then:D

Hey gronk i fish out of schooner. Shoot me an E if you want some info on the area/reports.

Rob already reported our results for yesterday, so I'll just add a few comments. First, that pot licking seal flat wore me out! Still, Ii's not too often that we get to win a battle with a seal, so I'll take it and enjoy the eating!
It seemed that there were not too many local lads out, it was mostly boats over from Vancouver. Regardless, it was nice to see some boats on the water. It was fairly sloppy early in the day but by afternoon it was a nice flat pond with almost no swell - sweet. The fishing was definitely hit and miss and it was obvious that the springs had not read the bite guide :) The theme of the day seemed to be persistence eventually paying off, and enjoying the time on the water while you wait for action.
As for parking at Brechin, there would be few problems (most days) if the city insisted that the rules regarding boat/trailer only parking be enforced.

To much water, too little time

Well...if some of you folks aren't doing so well over there...and complaining about it...here are some nice reports....and some of us "Vancouver guys" have been doing well over there consistently. Keep in mind the charter results are with "rookies" on the rods.

Here are BonChovy Fishing Charters and Pacific Angler have been producing some good results:

May 18: http://www.bonchovy.com/blog/2010/05/may-18-report/

May 14: http://www.bonchovy.com/blog/2010/05/may-14-report/

David Korsch of Predator Charters has also been doing very well and was over on a recent trip hooking quite a few.

got another one out at entrance this afternoon around 15lb marbled, saw an orca out there cruising the tide line on the way out we'd fished can boy to neck point with nothing exciting on the sounder, fished out the deep water all the way from neck point to snake island with nothing, entrance seems to be holding the fish right now, had three out there in the last few days,

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician

Well...if some of you folks aren't doing so well over there...and complaining about it...here are some nice reports....and some of us "Vancouver guys" have been doing well over there consistently. Keep in mind the charter results are with "rookies" on the rods.

Here are BonChovy Fishing Charters and Pacific Angler have been producing some good results:

May 18: http://www.bonchovy.com/blog/2010/05/may-18-report/

May 14: http://www.bonchovy.com/blog/2010/05/may-14-report/

David Korsch of Predator Charters has also been doing very well and was over on a recent trip hooking quite a few.

Wow you "vancouver guys" sure can outfish us! [:0] Ill stop complaining.

Fished Sunday way out, on a line between Grandee and Thrasher. Early birds reportedly were lighting it up, but we were slow. 2 undersize, and one acrobatic mid-teener at 160 on a spatterback cuttlefish. It was nice to see a decent number of boats out there.

Too much water, too little time

Went out again this morning for the tide change, fished Ballenas. Not much happening out there, ended up with a decent yellow eye which is being eaten in a few minutes. Tried spoons and hootches from depths of 70 to 200 ft no bait at all.

Ballenas has been oddly dead this year.Gronk if your havent tried it yet you should look in the gap at winchelsea. Hooked a few out there the last couple trips.

Thanks for the tip Kelly I nailed two this morning around the 20lb mark. The good old purple haze hootchie ruled today.

Hey Kelly are you around this weekend and if so do you want to come out with me...Call me 250 927-9148 greg....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back