Mytilus californianus

JuandeOne

Going to tie into a mess of California mussels this weekend.

Anyone have any particular favorite recipies to share?

Thanks.

I lived in a row house in Belgium one winter. Next door was the mussel restaurant. When my order was ready they would bang on the wall.

Saute chopped onions, garlic, (+ celery, and carrots if you want more veg)in butter. Deglaze the pan with 1 cup white wine or veg/chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Throw in the cleaned mussels, and some green stuff like parsley or chervil, slam on the lid, cook for leass than 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with a baguette or Belgian Fries (deep fry at low heat, drain, cook again at high heat).

quote:Originally posted by tubber

I lived in a row house in Belgium one winter. Next door was the mussel restaurant. When my order was ready they would bang on the wall.

Saute chopped onions, garlic, (+ celery, and carrots if you want more veg)in butter. Deglaze the pan with 1 cup white wine or veg/chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Throw in the cleaned mussels, and some green stuff like parsley or chervil, slam on the lid, cook for leass than 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with a baguette or Belgian Fries (deep fry at low heat, drain, cook again at high heat).

Thanks tubber, sounds good.

Back