My wifes new boat

Rayvon

My wife has almost convinced me to focus less on fishing and more on long range cruising.My marina limits overall length to 30 Ft. so my choices are limited.A single diesel makes the most economic sense as I'm not a sailboater. The makes I've seen online that seem to fit are Rosborough 27,Atlas 25,and Albin 28. Of course price is always a factor too and I haven't nailed that down yet,I'll see what's for sale first. Anybody know of any of these for sale or similar please let me know.I have the winter to shop around.Ray

26 commander would be a great option if it's just the two of you. The 30 is 32' LOA so maybe not an option but I'm telling you the 12' beam makes it really feel like a home on the water. I think the 26 is 10'-6" beam?

It's all about the beam beam beam.

I've seen the Shamrock advertised,I can say my budget is way under that price,nice boat for sure.The 30 Commander is way over the 30 Ft. max size and price and the 26 is also twin powered.I'm going to have to get used to slowing down.A trawler style boat is closer to the style we like.

I've seen the Shamrock advertised,I can say my budget is way under that price,nice boat for sure.The 30 Commander is way over the 30 Ft. max size and price and the 26 is also twin powered.I'm going to have to get used to slowing down.A trawler style boat is closer to the style we like.
Whatever you do don't buy a Cutwater.

You could look at Seasport. 26 or 27.
Many have single diesel. I had a 2700 Seasport with Volvo diesel and really liked it. They really hold their value too. Can cruise but still fishes great. But like RC says the beam in the 30 makes a huge difference. 4 adults on board and in the cabin is no issue. There are some single engine 26’s around.

Have you seen kingleys shamrock for sale ray
I can’t find add but I think its around 39
All the years I moored beside him I don’t remember that boat ever having problems

Yes,I was at Oak Bay marina a few day's ago,but I'll have a better look now online.Thanks
Have you seen kingleys shamrock for sale ray
I can’t find add but I think its around 39
All the years I moored beside him I don’t remember that boat ever having problems

We need something bigger than the 26 Shamrock with a separate head,galley and comfortable bed.
You could look at Seasport. 26 or 27.
Many have single diesel. I had a 2700 Seasport with Volvo diesel and really liked it. They really hold their value too. Can cruise but still fishes great. But like RC says the beam in the 30 makes a huge difference. 4 adults on board and in the cabin is no issue. There are some single engine 26’s around.
I've always wanted a Seasport but I would prefer not to have an outdrive,straight shaft is more dependable long term.
Whatever you do don't buy a Cutwater.
I promise I won't,although the Ranger Tugs that are built by the same company look nice.

We need something bigger than the 26 Shamrock with a separate head,galley and comfortable bed.

I've always wanted a Seasport but I would prefer not to have an outdrive,straight shaft is more dependable long term.

I promise I won't,although the Ranger Tugs that are built by the same company look nice.
They certainly do "look nice". Maybe an ok buy new like a brand new dodge truck. Just make sure you trade it in before the warranty is up :confused:

They certainly do "look nice". Maybe an ok buy new like a brand new dodge truck. Just make sure you trade it in before the warranty is up :confused:
Funny you should say that,here's the best truck I've ever owned.2001 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins 24v no rust,no front end problems,strong and costs almost nothing to run,but I know what you mean.

Attachments

• IMG_9115.JPG
    IMG_9115.JPG
    333.3 KB · Views: 100
Funny you should say that,here's the best truck I've ever owned.2001 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins 24v no rust,no front end problems,strong and costs almost nothing to run,but I know what you mean.
No no no. THAT is a truck. My 2013 1500 and my 2015 1500 and my 2017 1500 were NOT TRUCKS!

Best truck I ever owned, 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins turbo diesel. I’ve owned since new only ever changed the oil ,filers and put on one set of brake pads.

This is what we were thinking could work, but the price is way too high compared to newer one's stateside.
Trawler Cape Dory 28 (1985) - $57500 (Victoria)
image 1 of 9
00g0g_jXU5cMnNcyd_600x450.jpg

Ray,

Can't wait to see Kelly's uniflyte with the cummins and thrusters all done......that might be a good route for you also, you see the odd salty dog around.......

Darin

Ray,

Can't wait to see Kelly's uniflyte with the cummins and thrusters all done......that might be a good route for you also, you see the odd salty dog around.......

Darin
I was over seeing Kelly's boat last week,he's done a beautiful job on his refit,it got me thinking of going in that direction.In the pictures of the Salty Dog there's what looks like a 25 Atlas which are very nice but it's not for sale on their listings.

Back