My project boat pics

albernifisher

Since It's going to be a long cold winter I thought I would share updates on my project boat.She's a 1983 24 1/2' searay.
Here is what she lookeed like
DCP00479.jpg

DCP00480.jpg

LET THE FISH KILLING TRANSFORMATION BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
canon_november_2011_5501.jpg

canon_november_2011_5481.jpg

So there is not many pics yet but I'm working on it,

The pod was built in sooke,his name is Derek and he does alot of work at Park Isle Marine. Most pods are 3/16 alum he uses 1/4"

That ol SEARAY is going to fly thru the water now good job on the pod too as i see some things things he did right on it, you may need to add some wight in the butt end later on as I had to really experiment when i built mine. e-mail me as ive been thru all this...

Good luck Wolf

I see you got the pod on it this week...... thought that was yours driving by the last couple weeks. Looking good

Curiousity Question, when you remove the old I/O does the transom hole get filled in or does the pod cover it up and seal it off, I guess
it would be convienent to run the controls thru there and up thru the pod tho

This is the third boat I've podded,the first two pods were installed over the leg hole.They had mercrusier legs,this one had a omc leg which left a huge hole in the transom which the pod wouldn't cover so I had to glass it up

DOT wants you to cover the holes up your better off having the controls go out the back as you dont want ANY water getting into the pods wee bit butt heavy!!! LOL

Great looking build so far. Curious as well, more so about displacement when removing I/O and podding. I imagine the I/O's are considerably heavier than the O/B you are installing (true/false?). Regardless thats a fair amount of weight to put a further 2ft behind the transom. Long story short do you have to weight the bow or hull to counter that weight now sitting on the back?

I am a machinest by trade so metal is no stranger to me, but how is the bond created to mount the pod to the glass boat? Are there metal flanges that are glassed over to secure it? Bolted to the transom?

I like the choice in your build platform, great looking boat!

the pod is bolted through and sikaflexed to the transom.The boat lost around 700 lbs when I removed the motor/leg and then gained 80 lbs with the pod.

what size OB you going to put on her???

and now you have a whooping great big fish box or extra fuel tank cell for long offshore hauls...lol

all the best on the build

keep the updates coming

Ditto on the love old Sea Rays. Class boat, I remember in the early 80's that was THE dream boat for me. Still a great looking vessel. Congrats man.......

how about some before and after of the inner cavity as well,
what are your plans for all that space created with removing the inboard?
fuel tank? storage? water tanks?.............. hottub;)

Might do RS...

emo-coffee.gif

It is a beautiful boat...Drove by not less than 4 times while it was in the yard down here... drooled.

I'm looking for a 250-300 optimax or etec,anyone have success with rebuilt outboards?how many hours can you expect to get out of them?All the room where the engine was... not sure what to do yet.It's big enough to stick a double size mattress down there!

Back