My NEW Yamaha G3 1036 !

jeffywestcoast

well after a couple weeks of researching and shoping around i pulled the trigger on my new laker, thanks to everyone who gave me advice on jon boats helping me to make an informed decision. Also thanks to the big marine dealer in town that informed me it was impossible to get one before november!!.. You're what i like to call WRONG... :pIMG_2921[1].jpgIMG_2922[1].jpg

i have an electric motor and 2 -12 volt batteries, also have a short shaft 6 horse evinrude but it is only rated for 5 hp, tough little boat though, 5 year warranty and lifetime warranty on welds and rivets. should scoot pretty good with the 6 horse. there is a video on youtube of this boat with a 6 horse given er up a river.

That is sweet dude! Gotta love the alloy :cool:. I really want to build one. Might have to sneek over to your place and take some measurements lol.

Thanks Bud your welcome with the tape measure anytime, did lots of looking around before i bought this one, it weighs in at a exactly 100 lbs. should be a fun little lake boat, cant wait to see what it will do with the 6hp..

Also i can give you all the measurements right now because i have the specs: 52" beam,36" bottom width, 16" transom height, 18"side depth, 0 degree dead rise, length is exactly 10 feet and Hull gauge is .054 :p

Also i can give you all the measurements right now because i have the specs: 52" beam,36" bottom width, 16" transom height, 18"side depth, 0 degree dead rise, length is exactly 10 feet and Hull gauge is .054 :p

Good job on the buy, hull gauge .054 thats slightly thicker than most, I think mine is .05. That makes it tougher. Looking forward to getting some fish outta it?

Kunni

Hell yes ! cant wait, i only have a couple weeks or 3 till i head back to the patch for work, just happened to work out my buddy had to take an engine for rebuild in surrey and he works at the ferries(free ferry fare for truck) so it was a sign...so i had to make the trip and get him to scoot over to Port Moody and firm up the deal.

had the boat out to first lake with my buddy john today,was a good first trip with the g3 only caught 4 little cuttys all released but it was a beauty day all the same:)IMG_2929[1].jpg167.jpg168.jpg

Right on buddy! Nice to see you putting her to work. Sounds like a fun outing. Thanks for posting up the pics man. I really wish more people would do the same. Thanks for sharing :).

Was just the first scoot, it is alot more stable then i thought, had well over 450 lbs in it today without a problem, was just using the electric today, will be neat to giver a go with the 6hp ,but now i have my eyes on a yammy 4 horse 4 stroke, i think that with be the perfect weight match for this boat.one step at a time though, rod holders and some new oars are next on the list, cant wait to get into some big trout :)

Was just the first scoot, it is alot more stable then i thought, had well over 450 lbs in it today without a problem, was just using the electric today, will be neat to giver a go with the 6hp ,but now i have my eyes on a yammy 4 horse 4 stroke, i think that with be the perfect weight match for this boat.one step at a time though, rod holders and some new oars are next on the list, cant wait to get into some big trout :)

Nice first fish(s) in the boat, In late october, there are some lake around duncan that heat up and have huge fish.

Kunni

yup, i know the ones you mean i think , just like playin em and releasing them, hopefully i can get up to forth lake soon, there is big fish in Nanaimo lakes just gotta put in your time, they are starting to bite a little better with the cooler weather coming, caught them all trolling the cowichan spoon with a dew worm 18 inches behind it.. bigger fish to come.

just finished installing the manual motors... borrowed a buddies the other day but to be legal n all i had to get a set of my own..IMG_2948.jpg

nice, row trolling can be supper effective when nothing else is working. The fish will hit immediately after you finish a stroke, or about 10 seconds after a stroke. You also have to have them :)

Kunni

ya the electric motor i have right now is a tiny motorguide 20 lbs thrust which if enough to move it but it only has two setting high n low, and low is a little to high for trolling untill the battery gets worn down a bit so i guess i need a new minn kota 30 lbs thrust.., the list just keeps growing..also need a couple rod holders for the sides and flyrod holder for the back corner.

ive got the same jon its been a great little boat .

got an older johnson 3 horse with the top fuel tank that works great with it as well.

Nice! where do you fish?

Kunni

Back