my first project boat

thehook

So for the last 2 years since i moved back to the island i have been itching for a project, up until recently i have not had the space or time for a project but things have changed and i can finally get it done. after many used vic and craigslist searches found this 19" bayliner quater master. it needs some tlc but the overall condition is good and i picked it up under the impression it will need stringers transom (transom seems solid to me though) and a floor(plus motor and trailer) any thing less then that will be a bonusBOAT.jpgBOAT2.jpgBOAT3.jpgBOAT4.jpg cant wait to cut it open!

Outside looks not bad for the age, careful you only cut what needs cutting and save yourself some work. Any idea what the hull weighs? How was it getting off the trailer?

I think the hull weighs around 750 lbs maybe. It wasn't to bad getting it off the trailer, the outside of the boat is in really good shape and won't need any exterior fiber glass glass work done. There is a small soft spot in the floor that kinda feels like one sheet of fiberglass is not attached to one under neath it so that's where I'm gonna start.

Looks very similar to the old Lund 19 fibreglass I restored. That step at the walk thru windshield will be nice when using the boat but a PITA when you work under the bow. Good size boat for ECVI/Sunshine Coast and other inside waters. I removed the sleeper bases and went with aluminum box and swivel seat for captain and swivel/pedestal for one passenger. Sure makes for a big dance floor for fishing and crab traps. Enjoy!

Spent some time on the the supports for the boat and took out the seats and bases. Pulled up a bit of fiberglass and it looks like the outside sections of the floor have been replaced before while the middle was not. I'm doubting anything will happen this week as I'm going to get some tools and a resperator and a few other things next weekend. Also was only planning on two seats to maximize deck space

I was thinking about a pod but that's going to tack on a few grand to project that I think i would rather put in to buying a motor.

It would be nice if you could find a used etc or optimax, or a camp return merc 150 four stroke. Unless your looking at new power.

im thinking about new power, the Suzuki 140 would be affordale but the etec 115 and 150 are also options i am considering. the floor is coming up monday so i will update with some more pics then

140-150 will be ample for that hull. Thoughtful purchase of used power should save you enough cash to complete the rest of the project.

Back