Most Pathetic Excuse Ever for Not Going Fishing?

Dogbreath

What's the Most Pathetic Excuse you ever heard for not going fishing?

This from someone I used to fish with a lot- "Oh I have to walk my Daughter's dog".

(His Daughter makes $80+ grand/year and can afford to pay someone to walk her idiot mutt.)

"I can't **** off a boat!" It wasn't a girl. I didn't ask any follow-up questions and moved onto someone else.

I had to stay home and baby sit. This from a guy who had committed to a trip months in advance AND who blew me off the previous year with a similarly lame excuse. I completely understand the need to care for one's child BUT when you make a commitment months in advance you should be able to arrange for child care. Worse yet, he blew me off with 1/2 a day's notice and it was too late to get anyone else out to Neah Bay on that time scale. At the time, I had many people who had wanted to go out with me and it would have been easy to fill that spot with another eager person if I just got a little advance notice. That guy has never been (and will never be) invited back. I'm a 2-strikes you're out kinda guy.

How far out are we going? Pretty tough fishing in Winter Harbour-can't we stay closer to home and then I don't have to sleep on the boat!!!

"The previous time we went out we went the fishing wasn't productive and gas is expensive, can you guarantee we catch more this time? I don't want to go unless its cheaper than buying it at the store"

The last time I invited my brother fishing.

Have any of you been this guy?

I am too hung over!

Have any of you been this guy?

I am too hung over!

Haven't been 'that guy' that I can recall.....but I have persevered a few times and never made it an "excuse" for not fishing. :eek:

But yes, I have heard it from others.....to which I always respond with "What makes us professionals is our ability to recover!!". ;)

Do you want to go fishing?

the pathetic answer is anything but "Yes"

Excuse for not going to Langara on a all expense paid trip...

Got tickets for the the Canucks playoff game.... Season ticket holder

This guy has now passed up two trips

From one of the best and worst of Tred Barta episodes.............

"I'm ready to go, Buster is ready to go (his dog), but my buddy Jim is hanging drapes with his wife". :confused::rolleyes:.

It was a duck hunting trip but you can get the point. I use that line all the time when people say they can't go. " What...your hanging drapes with your wife????" :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back