Mold on interior fabric

el.Pereh

Does anyone have an effective way to get rid of this? I have it on some sunbrella too. The heater kicked the bucket this winter and I was guilty of not checking up on the boat for a couple of Month...

Attachments

• 4AB903E9-38C8-4ECC-805D-7EA98F7E9F66.png
    4AB903E9-38C8-4ECC-805D-7EA98F7E9F66.png
    506.1 KB · Views: 50
Not funny, I love her.
Sorry. :( I had a hell of a time getting my bayliner clean after a similar situation. Just make sure whatever you do get some good ventilation going and use strong chemicals.

I had some of that in my boat when I bought it.

I borrowed one of those Bissell Carpet cleaners with the hand held attachment, it worked pretty good.

as mentioned hire a carpet cleaner.not a machine, i mean a man with a van. can you pull the upholstery or is some attached? formerly i did some carpet cleaning. one of the best methods is to spray a cleaner on the moldy areas, put down a clean white cotton rag, and beat it quite firmly using a tamping brush. you will be amazed at how much comes up just doing this.. never scrub a stain with anything. that’s how you set the stain. the truck mounted carpet cleaner can add super hot water ( steam ) which will get that out. much better if you can remove the upholstery or get the boat to them. this kind of thing isn’t happening in a marina

as mentioned hire a carpet cleaner.not a machine, i mean a man with a van. can you pull the upholstery or is some attached? formerly i did some carpet cleaning. one of the best methods is to spray a cleaner on the moldy areas, put down a clean white cotton rag, and beat it quite firmly using a tamping brush. you will be amazed at how much comes up just doing this.. never scrub a stain with anything. that’s how you set the stain. the truck mounted carpet cleaner can add super hot water ( steam ) which will get that out. much better if you can remove the upholstery or get the boat to them. this kind of thing isn’t happening in a marina
Oh that just reminded me! When I had a claim because crackheads made by boat home for a week the insurance company covered a cleaner. It was something something steam something or other? :confused:

Found it.
https://g.co/kgs/6Ui6SP

Samsonite!... I was WAY off.

Last edited:
I did my trophy last year it was really bad with black marks I got a jug of carpet cleaner and a scrub brush. I put it in a spray bottle and sprayed it on scrubbed it the took a hose to it, I did it in the summer time and then put a fan in it to help dry it

Back