Mmsi # directory

albernifisher

Any interest in having a sport fishing bc, mmsi # directory?
for those of you who don't know what a mmsi # is, it kinda makes your vhf act like a phone so you can direct call someone else and only their vhf "rings" when called. The number is free to obtain just Google mmsi application and you can fill it out online.
mine is 316033434 you'll find me in Nanaimo in may, Bamfield in June, July and August

Just out of interest, does that # get store in your VHF or do you just punch those numbers in when you want to make a call. I know that my VHF has the capabilities of doing it just never knew anyone's number.

In most "dsc" capable vhf's you can store a certain amount of numbers that you call and your number is permanently installed

So would it be just a list of numbers or could you assign a call name to it?

i think most radio's have a buddy list that you can program names to the numbers, i am sure my link 8 does

for those of you who don't know what a mmsi # is, it kinda makes your vhf
for those of you who don't know what a mmsi # is, it kinda makes your vhf act like a phone so you can direct call someone else and only their vhf "rings" when called. The number is free to obtain just Google mmsi application and you can fill it out online.
mine is 316033434 you'll find me in Nanaimo in may, Bamfield in June, July and August
Just a heads up, that directory already exists on Industry Canada's website. Go to ship station search and punch in either vessel name, owner's name, call sign or mmsi number, and the rest of the info you provided IC with to register for the mmsi number pops up. 316033434 shows up as The Beast. Just as an aside I installed a new radio with an A.I.S. feature that shows me the mmsi numbers of boats in the vicinity. I know, a little creepy, but great technology. Lol

Back