Mmmm... mutant rainbow

CVmike

Girlfriend saw this in a grocery store today and had to send me a picture. Im used to seeing them with half a tail... But this guy also only had half a head. Good healthy genes right there.. Maybe im a fish snob, but I can't imagine serving that up for dinner :p

Looks like farmed fish. Next time - check. Maybe from a fish farm in Saskatchewan...

Definitely farmed fish. I've fished around the nets at the big farm on Lake Diefenbaker, Sask. The fish are better looking than that but they have a strange affinity for taking 5 of Diamonds spoons which goes to show that there is something wrong with them. I have caught a Coho before with two mouths. That was very startling.

Wow! a coho w 2 mouths. Must've been a politician in a previous life. You didn't catch that in Lake Diefenbaker, too - did you LT?

Wow, I could be wrong here but I'm going to say that a fish like that would likely have great difficulty selling or maybe never even get sold looking like that. The person putting those fish on display maybe should have taken the head off before putting it up on display?...

Wow, I could be wrong here but I'm going to say that a fish like that would likely have great difficulty selling or maybe never even get sold looking like that. The person putting those fish on display maybe should have taken the head off before putting it up on display?...
The person selling the fish doesn't know the difference.

I was in a store in Tsawwassen last year and the Tuna for sale actually had green mould on it I pointed it out to the clerk and she said 'Oh' and walked away.

Wow! a coho w 2 mouths. Must've been a politician in a previous life. You didn't catch that in Lake Diefenbaker, too - did you LT?
No, not the Coho. That came from the banks of Lake Ontario from the pier of a Uranium Processing plant owned by Cameco. Port Hope to be precise. The lake gets cleaner with every fish eaten.

Looks like farmed fish. Next time - check. Maybe from a fish farm in Saskatchewan...

We have a cottage on lake Diefenbaker in Saskatchewan and yes they have a trout farm there but the fishing is world class for Walleye , pike and perch .
Walleye over 9 lbs the norm as well as 2lb perch and 15 lb pike (not muskie but pike)
Oh and did I mention a WORLD CLASS 48 LB RAINBOW TROUT !

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photo...009/09/new-pending-all-tackle-world-record-ra

We don't brag to much about our little lake (hahaha) but you got to fish it ...........

S-VII
Never did see any of our fish with heads like that or any mutations to tell ya the truth , just all giants !

Last edited:
Ever catch any Atlantics in Lake Diefenbaker, Sir-Vivor - or hear of anyone else catching any?

Not sure if I'd want to eat a coho with 2 mouths from near the Uranium Processing plant owned by Cameco, LT. Sounds like a bad Simpson's episode...

Ever catch any Atlantics in Lake Diefenbaker, Sir-Vivor - or hear of anyone else catching any?

Not sure if I'd want to eat a coho with 2 mouths from near the Uranium Processing plant owned by Cameco, LT. Sounds like a bad Simpson's episode...
Ya but never seen so don't believe lol
and been fishing there every summer for a long time plus my Brothers a local boy but He'd never say lol

The person selling the fish doesn't know the difference.

I was in a store in Tsawwassen last year and the Tuna for sale actually had green mould on it I pointed it out to the clerk and she said 'Oh' and walked away.
I think that's what they call the "salad", DB....

Last edited:
Back