Might not be many pinks this year

There expedition missed half the gulf so It's not really conclusive, That being said 2017 was one of the worst Fraser river pink years on record and 2018 was one of the smallest number of out migrating pinks smolts ever counted. DFO thinks if everything goes perfectly their might be a harvestable surplus of around 400k fraser pinks. All we can do now as just wait and see....

upload_2019-3-18_9-29-5.png

"A harvestable surplus" .... no wonder salmon stocks are declining.
How about not fishing them at all this season???

"A harvestable surplus" .... no wonder salmon stocks are declining.
How about not fishing them at all this season???

PST commercial decision, the public fishery is allocated 5% of any "commercial surplus"

Last edited:
Absolutely hammered on by netting the last 10 years! The inriver roe fishery is disgusting and is on par with the atrocities of the chum roe fishery!

How about zero retention by all user groups and rebuild what will soon be extinct if DFO does t change their allocations!

If I actually really wanted to dig into this and I personally do not have the energy right now.

Is I would put in a freedom of information request for all Fraser River first nations fisheries data for 2018. How many communal licenses were issued, how many openings were there ect..

Back