Merc Oil reservoir

R

Robert Warren

Does anyone have an old 2 stroke oil reservoir they are no longer useing? It seems mine has a little crack. With a few other near cracks in it.

good luck, mine cracked as well and couldnt find one either.The new one is much better though, easier to fill and a dipstick as well.

good luck, mine cracked as well and couldnt find one either.The new one is much better though, easier to fill and a dipstick as well.

Where did you get it and what price was it? Anyone know of any good deals on these things?

I think I have 1 somewhere for a Johnson. Not sure if the fitting is universal. I was told by a marine mechanic that it is safer to disconnect them and mix your gas??

Tips

Years ago I did some metal repairs to both steel and aluminum with I think it was "Belzona Molecular Steel".

It was an epoxy kit, two cans of liquid and some cloth mesh. It worked well for repairing a car gas tank that was split on the seam in one case and for sealing a crack in an aluminum cabinet in the other case.

I can't remember where we bought it, might have been Acklands or something similar. Can't remember the price either as I wasn't footing the bill.

I know an opti one is under pressure somewhat and made from some darn tuff looking plastic what year and size is the engine??? can you use an aftermarket one like sierra????? or tempo??

Wolf

WOLF I asked the marine mechanic I use. He says they are both the same if you read the back

Yes thats exactlly as the one I have but I made mine permanant by adding the adapter on the filler and extended it with a hose to a filler cap just like a gas one I just look at ti and fill er up every 2 weeks or so, its in a special spot where it can be seen or damaged tucked away,ill ask my buddy if he knows of any

Wolf

Back