Meet Motley

Stizzla

Crew Member
I’m pretty excited to have a boat back at the house. Lots of people seemed to like what I did with my last double eagle so I figured I would make a little thread about this one...
It’s not needing as much thrown at, but i have a list of improvements I would like to make to make it look better and be more functional.

So far off the top of my head, but more will be added:

-I want the top pulled forward and trimmed so I have a larger deck space

-replace the captains chair and remove the sleeper seats and add storage with a swivel seat.

-replace ez steer bracket with a tie bar for kicker steering

-clean, and polish inside and out.

-figure out which direction I want to go with downriggers as I have too many and they are all really nice.

-catch some whoppers.

here she is in her new spot:
1C809EB0-7509-4907-ACCA-D0D47655A4B7.png

You know there’s a mirror in the cuddy...

Re - riggers, my buddy’s Tyee has the 2106 and ohhh man are they smooth and fast! Way prefer them over my slow poke 1106’s, but then again I catch fish on the line checks, he doesn’t...not yet anyway.

+1 on keeping the name!

Yeah it has a long shaft motor on a short shaft transom so it was raised up with heavy duty plates. I like that the hood won’t get swamped and looks it feels very strong snd professionally done so it wasn’t a big deterrent for me.
The name of the boat is and always will be Motley.

You know there’s a mirror in the cuddy...

Re - riggers, my buddy’s Tyee has the 2106 and ohhh man are they smooth and fast! Way prefer them over my slow poke 1106’s, but then again I catch fish on the line checks, he doesn’t...not yet anyway.

+1 on keeping the name!
I have now played with HP’s on a couple of buddy’s boats and I agree they are great. I will likely snag another and unload a the rest. I pop the clip on line checks, so that’s not a deal breaker.

Please stop looking at my bulge in the mirror pic. You’re making us all uncomfortable!

Well done Stizzla, can’t wait to see first blood on the deck.

Congrats!
re the steering, I think it is what it is. I don't think a steering link will work with the kicker set back on that nice standoff bracket.

Congrats!
re the steering, I think it is what it is. I don't think a steering link will work with the kicker set back on that nice standoff bracket.
Yep my last boat had it. I even have some threaded rod left over so I just need some connectors and half an hour.

I have now played with HP’s on a couple of buddy’s boats and I agree they are great. I will likely snag another and unload a the rest. I pop the clip on line checks, so that’s not a deal breaker.

Please stop looking at my bulge in the mirror pic. You’re making us all uncomfortable!

Make sure you get an extra rigger cover with a counter-saves a lot of time and grief when you have a counter failure(which you will)

Just go fishing and learn what you don't like.
Also, ever given a thought based on where you live to free up space to focus on prawning, get rid of all the trolling stuff and spend the money on fancy jigs?

Back